[Sustain] Fwd: Join Press Conference For Solar-Wind Powered San Francisco - Next Tue, Apr 10, Noon, SF City Hall, Polk St. Side

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Thu Apr 5 12:54:45 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Next *Tuesday, April 10, 12 Noon*, at the *Polk Street entrance of San
Francisco City Hall* -
*
At long last there will be a historic announcement of the introduction
of the final implementing legislation for the Community Choice Energy
project, to make San Francisco 50% Solar and Wind powered within the
next decade!

Join Supervisors Tom Ammiano and Ross Mirkarimi, Local Power, Our City,
Sierra Club, Greenpeace and many others, as we announce the introduction
of this bold new project!
/_
_/**_DETAILS_*

*/WHEN:/* *12 Noon, Tuesday, April 10
/
WHERE: /San Francisco City Hall - Polk Street Side (off Polk between
Grove & McAllister - From Civic Center MUNI/BART cross United Nations
Plaza to City Hall)

/WEAR: /A sky blue shirt or jacket if you have one - for visual effect
(we have some t-shirts available)

_/RSVP:/_ To coordinate with us, if you plan to attend, please reply to
this message with 'I'll Be There' in the subject heading and your
contact information in the reply.**

_WHY THIS EVENT IS SO IMPORTANT_

**Historic Vote At Last Approaches*

After many years of hard work by Local Power, Our City, Sierra Club,
Greenpeace, The SF Green Party, Supervisors Tom Ammiano and Ross
Mirkarimi, and many other organizers, San Francisco's Board of
Supervisors is at last only a month away from a final vote on the
project plan for Community Choice Energy, which will make San Francisco
the most Solar and Wind powered city in the world, running on 50% clean
renewable energy, within the next decade.

*PG&E Could Addict Us To Dirty Energy If We Don't Act Now!

*The California Public Utilities Commission has given PG&E the opening
to beat renewable energy to the punch, and force every city in
California to pay for 8 new fossil fuel power plants,* /and a dangerous
30 year extension of its nuclear power production at Diablo Canyon/.*
PG&E is about to join the Williams company to bring in massive amounts
of liquid natural gas for electricity production through a huge pipeline
planned to be built from Coos Bay Oregon to Northern California.

*_DETAILS_*

*/WHEN:/* *12 Noon, Tuesday, April 10
/
WHERE: /San Francisco City Hall - Polk Street Side (off Polk between
Grove & McAllister - From Civic Center MUNI/BART cross United Nations
Plaza to City Hall)

/WEAR: /A sky blue shirt or jacket if you have one - for visual effect
(we have some t-shirts available)

_/RSVP:/_ To coordinate with us, if you plan to attend, please reply to
this message with 'I'll Be There' in the subject heading and your
contact information in the reply.**

*See you there!

peace,

Eric Brooks
Campaign Coordinator
Our City
http://our-city.org
415-756-8844

/This update posted by:

Our City
1028-A Howard St.
San Francisco, CA  94103
415-756-8844

For more information about Our City campaigns go to:
http://www.our-city.org
info at our-city.org

###