[Sustain] Community Choice press conference; Mary Ratcliff just wrote to ask "Wasn't the Tuesday press conference postponed?"

Ann Garrison anniegarrison at mac.com
Mon Apr 9 23:53:47 PDT 2007

I think I not only aimed this at the list but at most everyone else
in the susainability group, plus Erika (the SF Greens sole
publicist?), though I know there's at least one more gal in the
working group, who just moved over here from the East Bay.  I really
wanted an answer 'cause I was still plannin' to try and get myself
down to City Hall by noon tomorrow.

Has it been postponed?  And could someone please remind me of the
Howard Street address of the Peak Oil Education event tomorrow
night?  7:30, right?  I was planning to try to make both events---on
time, which, as you know, would be a small miracle, for me.

Please don't make me go racing off to City Hall if this thing has
been postponed.  I'd expect Mary R. to get an announcement of a
postponement before I would.

This came up because I offered to write a paragraph or so saying this
means we won't be needing any gas turbine peaker power in Bayview
Hunters Point or Lakeview-Oceanside-Merced, or any coal-fired power
from the native Southwest and nobody took me up on it, so I hoped
that meant somebody had it covered 'cause I don't care if I do it; I
just hope it's included in the press conference.   Actually, I'd just
as soon see somebody else do it, but I will if no one else steps
forward.  Or maybe I already did:

This legislation means that the CIty and County of San Francisco
won't be needing any gas turbine peaker power in Bayview Hunters
Point or Lakeview-Oceanside-Merced, or any coal-fired power from the
native Four Corners.

There.  Done.  Can anyone try and get that into the press release?

   R&R, for one'n all---A.