[Sustain] Spamming the Sustainability List

Ann Garrison anniegarrison at mac.com
Wed Apr 11 00:03:02 PDT 2007

> Hi Ann,
>
> I really admire your dedication as an activist. But I've got to
> tell you, you are practically thinking out loud on the
> Sustainability email list these days, instead of carefully
> considering what you are writing and making sure it is really
> necessary for the whole group to see. In the case below, you were
> asking people who were already on the way to an event, to email you
> the location. Not very likely to succeed.
>
> Please do your best to send short concise emails that don't rant or
> ramble, and that the whole group really needs to see, can benefit
> from, and that really need our attention.
>
> Cool?
>
> peace
>
> eric

Sorry to junk everyone's e-box with my sudden anxiety about making
that Peak Oil Ed event, but I very nearly gave up on it 'cause I'd
rushed home from another urgency and then couldn't find an e-mail
with the address.  I'd received about six
e-invitations to the event that included it and deleted most of them,
before another 50 or so e-mails stacked up.   But, agreed; there is
way too much e-mail in the world; way way too much, so I'm about to
quit.

I knew this was completely nutty---screeching for the address----as I
was doing it, but didn't expect anyone to take me seriously or do
anything but delete ASAP, unless, by some miracle, someone saw the
screeching in time to send me the address before I found it or missed
the event.

I finally did find the address, behind about 50 e-mails and made the
event, only 10 minutes late.  I was glad I went and learned a lot I
didn't know, but I had come very close to giving up.

After coming home, I again forwarded my concern that the real story
of the grassroots organizing behind Community Choice be told, because
I think it's really very important that we understand how these
victories are won, so as to win again, less arduously, and very
important that Gavin not take credit, as he did for finally shutting
down one of the so-called peakers polluting Bayview Hunters Point for
so long.

Also thought it important that the people who've worked really hard
to win Community Choice, like yourself and Tom Ammiano, are credited,
because everyone needs a bit of credit to keep going.   And I
included a revision of the paraqraph I'd like to see in the Community
Choice press release, for whatever it's worth, having just learned,
today, of the imminent bill that might allow new nuclear power plant
construction in California.

I also sent a note to let folks know that Thursday's KALW "Your Call"
will address global warming.  But I will call it an e-mail day for
now.  Excellent idea.

I have been under enormous pressure lately (who's not?), and no one
needs to know why, so I more or less hid out inside my computer
screen, and probably sent too much e-mail, but I'm going to get off
all these Green Party and other lists for a while now.    Peace---A.