[Sustain] Sustainability WG Presentation To Plenary

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Fri Apr 27 02:45:23 PDT 2007

At tonight's Sustainability WG meeting we agreed to prepare a
presentation on the new 'green' industrial complex for the plenary,
however, because we know there will be limited time, we would prefer to
present on one aspect and the least understood component of the full
corporate greenwash spectrum mentioned below, specifically, the
industrial Biofuels boom. Our reasoning behind this preference is that
we feel the Green membership is already pretty well versed in the
illusory nature of clean coal, carbon credits, nuclear power, hybrid
vehicles, and PG&E greenwashing; and that a full presentation should
focus on Biofuels, so that Greens can get an equally critical
perspective on the subject, which many, perhaps even most, currently lack.

On the subject of PG&E greenwashing, by all means we should -also- craft
a press release to be presented at the plenary and to the media, and we
would be willing to write the draft of that press release.

We are now in the process of lining up a speaker and/or panel for the
presentation.

Please let us know what date, time and length of presentation we should
prepare for, and we will be ready to go.

cheers

Eric Brooks