[Sustain] The Bohos are back!

Don Eichelberger done7777 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 16 16:01:37 PDT 2007

Once again, for almost the 140th year, the Bohemian Grove, in the
small Sonoma County town of Monte Rio is hosting the Mid-Summer
Gathering of the world's ruling elite.

No one locally has stepped forward to host local activity to bring
attention to this (what used to be) secret gathering of world leaders
in finance, politics, military, academia and the arts.  For the past
couple of years, the California Green Party Issues Working Group has
worked with local activists to sponsor "convergence" events.  We did
not take on doing so this year for a variety of reasons, chiefly that
I had planned to be in Alaska by now.  That plan has been delayed,
and I find myself here.

Bohemian Grove Action Network, which I helped form along with Mary
Moore and others, have gotten calls from people wondering if anything
was going on this year.

NOTHING "OFFICIAL" HAS BEEN PLANNED-

No permits, no meeting, no gathering, no parade- just the Bohos
coming once again to our back yard to party and build community.

BUT...

I would like to see spontaneity and flexibility in how We Who Care
respond to the affronts America is suffering at the hands of many of
the men who make this annual party so they can Burn Care.  The
"military-industrial complex" is well represented at the Grove.  Dick
Cheney was attending as CEO of Halliburton long before he became
Vice-President.  Don Rumsfeld, Bill Crystal, Wolfowitz and other
architects of the Iraq War for oil regularly attend, along with CEO's
of military contractors, banks, Wall St. financial institutions and
high ranking governmental and military leaders.  Indeed, this is
likely the group of men President Eisenhower, himself a Bohemian, had
in mind when he made his famous speech warning us of what we are
witnessing today- .the wholesale take-over of our governmental
institutions put in service of unaccountable free market enterprises
in pursuit of profit, power, and even empire.

SO...

Historically, the middle week-end has been the focus of the main
protest activity at Bohemian Grove.  That is the week-end when the
main movers and shakers come in, the ones who cannot come for the
whole 2 weeks because they are otherwise busy.  That is the week-end
of the "High Jinx" play, main "Lakeside Chat", and other Boho festivities.

So Saturday, July 21st would be a good time for People Who Care to
make their presence felt in Monte Rio along Bohemian Highway and at
or as close to the front gate of the Grove as possible, noon to whenever.

THIS IS A TEST...

No one will be "in charge".  No prior agreements will have been made
with police or the local community.  Not much media will be made
aware of any "event".

The Event is the encampment of these men, and the First Amendment
freedom of assembly that is increasingly under attack.

Be there if you can, and spread the word to others.

AND REMEMBER

The Bohemian Grove Encampment will go through 7/30, so if you can't
come this week-end, there is still time to go and see what this is all about.

Don Eichelberger, speaking on behalf of no one but Care

DISCLAIMER:  This notice consists of public information protected as
free speech under the U.S. Constitution, and is not intended to
foment rebellion or instigate any criminal acts or violence against
any persons or property.