[Sustain] CO2 Cap & Trade?

Tom Harriman transition202 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:40:44 PDT 2007

Hi, Greg Palist wrote about this in his book, The Best Democracy Money Can
Buy.  What he pointed out is that American government under Bush is NOT
setting standards or goals for CO2 reductions, and so there's no real force
of law for industries to change.  The example he gave was a Taxes coal power
plant that was trading CO2 credits with a closed down plant in Russian,
What I'm hearing from these people is that the Market will save the planet,
and so they don't need to be regulated.  Just like Enron and the Texas
Savings and Loans.  I advise we stay alert!

Tom Harriman.