[Sustain] Agenda, SF Plenary & SFGP Sustainability WG Presentation

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Tue May 1 12:03:40 PDT 2007

Hi all, I have been wondering why no one has replied on the SFGP
response to the proposal that we do a Sustainability WG presentation to
the plenary; and I am noticing that the agenda is both packed, and in
dispute, and that this is why no one has replied. So, here is our proposal:

First, the SFGP Working Group has a proposed presentation 'Beware The
Biofuels Industrial Complex' and we are ready to line up a key speaker
and/or panel on this topic.

On fitting into the schedule, my proposal is that we plan to do our
presentation at the same time as one of the Breakout sessions for
working groups (probably on Saturday) and then invite all attendees who
do not intend to attend one of the Breakout sessions to come to the
Sustainability Working Group presentation as an alternative. That would
give our presentation lots of time to fully get our subject covered
comprehensively (and possibly allow us time to get into other
greenwashing topics like PG&E, clean coal, etc. as well).

With that said, we also feel that the biofuels problem is so serious
that we would still like to get scheduled as a central item instead so
that the entire body of attendees at the plenary can be informed on this
critical issue.

Please let us know right away, your thoughts on this proposal, so that
we can start lining up our speaker/panel.

Thanks,

Eric Brooks
Co-Chair
SFGP Sustainability Working Group