[Sustain] Fwd : Sustainability Tour in SF this Sunday May 6th

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Tue May 1 12:15:24 PDT 2007

Kevin Bayuk kevin at uas.coop wrote:

Greetings Local Green/Sustainability Advocates,

I am navigating the first Daily Acts San Francisco Sustainability Tour
this Sunday, May 6th.  The tour is about half full right now, so I'd
like to request your support in spreading the word.  Daily Acts
Sustainability Tours can be a great way to introduce friends and
relatives to permaculture/sustainability concepts in an
accessible/experiential format.  If you can think about someone in
your organization or anyone that might be interested in such a tour,
please pass this note on to them.

Thanks,

-Kevin
415-999-5354

http://www.daily-acts.org/tours.html#_4

Sunday, May 6th, 10am to 3pm, $35

Come on a walking tour of a San Francisco neighborhood and see the
abundant potential of cityscape luscious organic living, duckfull,
cluckful entertainment and cooperative housing. Visit a trio of lush
gardens emphasizing perennial polyculture foodscapes and hear about
metaphysical composting, water wise living, preference pruning and
fowl fun. Along the walk we'll showcase some de-concrete direct
actions we can all take part in to recharge our aquifers, clean city
air, provide habitat, and grow food, fiber and FARMaceuticals. We'll
start and end the walk at a couple of locally owned businesses where
we can meet eco-entrepreneurs manifesting their vision for Fair Trade,
organic, local commerce in the urban ecosystem. Local permaculture
designer and Daily Acts board member Kevin Bayuk will act as tour
guide on this hike through the Haight Ashbury community where visions
of peace and love linger on in the quiet backyard oasis, the vacant
lots and reclaimed sidewalks. Along the way we'll meet the Purple
House collective, Redwood Mary Bull, Barak of Rockin' Java and more.
Join us for this urban day of delight!