[Sustain] keep me on mailing list, had e-mail prob.s

Don Eichelberger done7777 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 16 15:04:45 PDT 2008

Scott-

I look forward to working with you, maybe help get us insights in to
how goes the solar growth business?  I love decentralizing the grid
and putting up millions of solar roofs and conservation efforts to
disengage as completely as possible  Lots of real good jobs can be
created that do not hurt and can even help restore the natural environment.

I really get a little queasy, though, when I watch PG&E ads tout
their huge solar projects in the Southwest.  By shipping power
through their  big, centralized energy lines, big utility companies,
motivated by the need to profit get to ship and sell more of their
product, at a cost, to energy "consumers".  Like they don't own a
nuclear power plant and undercut public power and real energy
conservation efforts at every turn, including fronting costs for
false political ads?

But, I digress....

I would like to see energy stop being a consumer good and get free
power in to as many hands as cheaply as possible over the longest
term.  Maybe there is room for large concentrated arrays in the
desert, if they are attached to highly energy-intensive production
facilities on site, likely mostly automated.

But I was involved with  a 10-year effort to stop a radioactive waste
dump from going in to Ward Valley.  I came to learn about how diverse
ecosystems work together over eons of time to establish a balance
that can be jeopardized by large scale developments.  So I am wary of
centralist solutions, especially if they get too presumptuous about land use.

I look forward to further discussion, and action,

Don

At 10:41 AM 4/11/2008, Scott Warthin wrote:
>From:  Scott Kennedy Warthin
>To:  fellow Green Party members of San Francisco
>
>As a reminder of who I am:  I'm the 28 yr. old who came in earlier.
>Born & raised in The City, who is in the last month of training to
>be a photovoltaic (solar electricity) installer.  Currently living
>with a relative in Marin (and registered Green here temporarily)
>until I finish the PV course on May 2nd, get an installer job which
>will allow me to live in The City and FINALLY move back home to San
>Francisco (@ which time I will become more active with the Greens in SF).
>My Potential Contributions:  I would like to get involved with
>anything relating to furthering sustainability, the peace movement
>and, of course, PHOTOVOLTAICS.
>E-Mail:  I suspect alot of stuff has been sent to me that my e-mail
>has disgarded as spam automatically.  I'm not e-mail savy, so if
>someone could send me a message from
><mailto:sustainability at sfgreens.org>sustainability at sfgreens.org of
>the e-mail addresses which party members might be sending me
>information on it would be appreciated.  (only way i know to unblock
>e-mails is to know ahead of time which ones to unblock)
>Thanks, SF Greens.....Hope to be a more active member ASAP

>http://mail.yahoo.com

Don Eichelberger
DJ Fix Independent Productions

Green Uprising Blog
www.greenuprising.blogspot.com

My You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctRp5rGJoUc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iySwwyZfDgE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r9rK8nPREA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5UbnJ0kUqo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SktIYTyC1U

Donny Fix del.icio.us book marks
http://del.icio.us/donnyfix

The Hegelian/Marxist goal is emancipation.  Marx said it best in 1843:

"Human emancipation wll only be complete when the real, individual
man (sic) is absorbed into himself the abstract citizen; when as an
individual man, in his every day life, in his work and in his
relationships, he has become a species-being (politically accountabe
to the whole); and when he recognizes and realizes his own power as
social powers, so that he no  longer separates this social power from
himself as political power."