[Sustain] Fwd: Nuke amdts to climate bill to be voted on soon; call your Senators

Don Eichelberger done7777 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 3 13:49:28 PDT 2008

Among other things, proposals for millions for "greenhouse gas- free nuclear".

I wouldn't have sent this if I did not believe in its importance.

I hope you do too,

Don

>From: "Michael Mariotte" <nirsnet at nirs.org>
>To: <done7777 at sbcglobal.net>
>
>NUCLEAR AMENDMENTS TO CLIMATE BILL TO BE VOTED ON SOON
>
>CALL YOUR SENATORS!
>YOUR ACTIONS WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
>

>Debate on the Senate climate change bill (now
>numbered S. 3036) began on Monday and has
>continued through Tuesday. Voting on
>amendments­including amendments to give billions
>more taxpayer dollars to the nuclear power
>industry­will begin as early as tomorrow, Wednesday, June 4.
>
>Your calls to your Senators are needed now more than ever!
>Capitol Switchboard: 202-224-3121
>
>If you already have called your Senators, call
>again to remind them that no nuclear amendments
>are acceptable, and that nuclear power has no
>place in the necessary effort to address the
>climate crisis. Renewable energy and energy
>efficiency are faster, cheaper, safer and
>cleaner ways to reduce carbon emissions and meet our electricity needs.
>
>And ask your parents, kids, grandchildren, the
>guy at the gas station, the woman at the bank,
>the person in the next cubicle, and everyone
>else you know, meet and run into, to call as
>well. We don’t have huge budgets and hundreds of
>lobbyists running all over Capitol Hill­we rely on people power.
>
>Your calls ARE effective and CAN make a real
>difference. Call even if you think your Senators
>are hopeless­part of what we need to do is
>create a real buzz on Capitol Hill that millions
>of Americans believe this is an important issue.
>
>The message to your Senators is simple: Vote
>against any and all nuclear amendments to the
>climate bill. The wealthy nuclear industry does
>not deserve any more taxpayer dollars. Our
>resources need to be spent on energy efficiency,
>solar and wind power, distributed energy and smart grids.
>
>Please call now, and please send us a quick
>e-mail letting us know you called. As always,
>let us know if we can help in any way.
>
>Thank you!
>
>Michael Mariotte
>Executive Director
>Nuclear Information and Resource Service
><mailto:nirsnet at nirs.org>nirsnet at nirs.org
>www.nirs.org
>301-270-6477
>
>Please consider making an extra $30 donation (or
>$300 or $3,000, if you can!)­in honor of NIRS’
>30th anniversary this year­on our secure website
><https://secure.campagne-online.com/registrant/donate.aspx?EventID=2927&LangPref=en-CA>here.
>Help kick off our next 30 years, and our work to
>build a nuclear-free, carbon-free energy future,
>with your most generous contribution possible.
>
>And if you haven’t done so yet, don’t forget to
>sign the statement on nuclear power and climate
>at <http://www.nirs.org/>www.nirs.org (but
>please don’t sign more than once!). If you’ve
>already signed, please ask your friends and
>colleagues to sign! We’ve passed 7750
>signatures, let’s get to 10,000 this month!

>friends or colleagues who would like to be on
> [...]

Don Eichelberger
DJ Fix Independent Productions

My Blog
www.greenuprising.blogspot.com

My You Tube
<http://www.youtube.com/DonnyFix>http://www.youtube.com/DonnyFix

My Space

http://www.myspace.com/donnyfix

Donny Fix del.icio.us book marks

http://del.icio.us/donnyfix

The Hegelian/Marxist goal is emancipation.  Marx said it best in 1843:

"Human emancipation wll only be complete when the
real, individual man (sic) is absorbed into
himself the abstract citizen; when as an
individual man, in his every day life, in his
work and in his relationships, he has become a
species-being (politically accountabe to the
whole); and when he recognizes and realizes his
own power as social powers, so that he no  longer
separates this social power from himself as political power."