[Sustain] Prop E Passes! Propose Candidates For SFPUC - & Strategy

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Wed Jun 4 02:00:08 PDT 2008

HI all,

Prop E passed. This means that the entire San Francisco Public Utilities
Commission will be re-appointed.

We should get with Ross right away and discuss strategies for getting
one or two Greens onto the Commission.

This will be somewhat difficult because Newsom still makes all the
appointments, but I don't think it is beyond imagining that we could get
at least one Green put forward and approved.

Please make suggestions of Green candidates who would be solid based on
the criterion passed in Prop E. See:
http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/elections/candidates/Jun2008_LT_AppointmentPUC2.pdf

If you prefer, make suggestions to me privately and I'll present them to
the Sustainability Working Group at its next meeting.

peace

Eric Brooks

--
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves." – Che Guevara