[Sustain] Zoo To Wildlife Center Transition Proposal Delivered To Supervisors!

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Fri Jun 6 19:02:13 PDT 2008

Hi all,

The SF Green Party proposal for legislation to transition the Zoo into a
Regional Wildlife Center (see attached) has now been cleaned up, put in
its final form, and sent to both Supervisors Ross Mirkarimi and Chris
Daly. Chris Daly responded and said that he is also working with In
Defense Of Animals (IDA) on proposed legislation. Ross said he looked at
the proposal and liked it.

Our task now is to make sure that both supervisors actually take up our
proposal and actively move it forward. We need to take imminent action
because the SF Zoological Society's contract is up at the end of this
month and we need to get our proposal on the table as the way forward
before the contract renewal is heard in committee.

cheers

Eric Brooks

--
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate
themselves." – Che Guevara