[Sustain] Urgent: Email Public Comments On Clean Power SF

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Thu Oct 15 09:56:19 PDT 2009

Hi all,

This Friday's hearing for Clean Power SF may have trouble holding a
quorum for crucial votes if it goes on too long, so I am avoiding
calling for lots of in-person public comment. (Although definitely show
up if you can, just to show big numbers in the room.) The hearing is in
City Hall Room 250 tomorrow at 2pm. (See
http://www.sfbos.org/index.aspx?page=9774 )

In lieu of in-person comment please send an email today encouraging the
SF LAFCo/GAO to adopt a Request For Proposals (RFP) with strong local
renewables and efficiency mandates which conform to the original project
Implementation Plan passed in 2007.

And most importantly, ask them to immediately approve funding for the
added work that Local Power has said is crucial to producing successful
RFP responses.

For comment guidelines and a link to the Supervisors/Commissioners (and
their aides') emails, see the web page at:

http://our-city.org/events/contactsfcityhall.html

I'll send another message soon about the Saturday Oct 24, global 350.org
action.

thanks! :)

Eric Brooks