[Sustain] Important CEQA - Tonight/Tomorrow: Contact/Speak To Planning Commission To Support Jane Kim's Community Alternative (Thu, Apr 25 11:30am & Noon, SF City Hall Cafe & Room 400)

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Wed Apr 24 18:17:40 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Sorry for the short notice but Jane Kim's CEQA Community Alternative,
which we have all been working so hard for, was very quickly scheduled
for tomorrow's (Thursday, April 25) Planning Commission hearing, and we
need to get comments to the commission, and attend the hearing, to
support the Kim alternative.

Kim's CEQA measure is the first major item on the Planning agenda
tomorrow, so we will convene just a brief pre-hearing strategy meeting
tomorrow at 11:30am in the SF City Hall basement cafe and then go up to
the hearing, which begins at noon in Room 400.

IMPORTANT: If you cannot attend the hearing tomorrow please make sure
you use the attached talking points and info sheet for ideas - and email
support comments on the Kim CEQA measure to the following Planning
commissioner and Planning staff addresses by 9am tomorrow morning:

hs.commish at yahoo.com - Mooreurban at aol.com - plangsf at gmail.com -
wordweaver21 at aol.com - cwu.planning at gmail.com - richhillissf at yahoo.com -
planning at rodneyfong.com - jonas.ionin at sfgov.org - john.rahaim at sfgov.org

As always, please reply to brookse32 at earthlink.net to confirm if you are
attending the strategy meeting and hearing.

See attached:

1) Talking Points For Apr 25 Planning Commission CEQA Hearing

which focuses on supporting Jane Kim's excellent Community Alternative
CEQA Legislation, and

2) Kim CEQA Legislation Highlights

which gives more details on the strengths of Jane Kim's alternative.

Here again are the meeting and hearing details:

1) PRE-HEARING CEQA STRATEGY MEETING

- Thursday, April 25, 11:30am
- SF City Hall Basement Cafe
(to nail down our Planning Commission public comment strategy)

2) PLANNING COMMISSION HEARING ON KIM CEQA COMMUNITY ALTERNATIVE

- Thursday, April 25, 12 noon
- SF City Hall, Room 400
(to support Kim's community alternative)

cheers all,

Eric Brooks
Campaign Coordinator, Our City
415-756-8844

--

"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate
themselves."

Che Guevara