[Sustain] Reminder: May 1, Rally & Hearing With Laborers Union To Reject Rec & Park Outsourcing Of Union Gardener Jobs - 12 Noon, SF City Hall Steps

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Tue Apr 30 15:11:26 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Tomorrow is a very important moment to show solidarity with the local
Laborers Union, who stood up for us bigtime on CleanPowerSF!

Here are the details in a Sierra Club alert:

http://action.sierraclub.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=306685.0&dlv_id=257139

**
*View a web version
<http://action.sierraclub.org/site/R?i=xQfeqzJtB_GLWuO5xEadvQ> | Send to
a Friend <http://action.sierraclub.org/site/R?i=xBzubRlD1RKFD_Oa_fzC-g>
| Sent to (Not You? Sign Up Here
<http://action.sierraclub.org/site/R?i=IpmmY-oajNiX7d9inOcasQ>)*
**

300x196_international-workers-day.jpg
<http://action.sierraclub.org/site/R?i=1uXvQEoDIORc36vMqkdDGQ>

*Come to the hearing after the rally! Support the gardening
apprenticeship program and put a halt to bad labor practices at San
Francisco Rec and Park.*

*43646.gif <http://action.sierraclub.org/site/R?i=6QX46elXjIwavElY89j3Qg>
*

Dear Friend,

Join the Sierra Club, Laborers Local 261, San Francisco Labor Council,
San Francisco Building and Construction Trades Council, our community
workforce, environmentalists and advocates, on the steps of City Hall,
as we rally in support of workers and the environment on
/*International Workers' Day*/.

noon - San Francisco City Hall Steps, 1 Dr. Goodlett Place (map
<http://action.sierraclub.org/site/R?i=vBWZFYYkcvs_qYP2_3Wd6g>)
1 p.m. - Budget and Finance Committee Hearing, City Hall
3 p.m. - Workers March

*Let us know you're coming!
<http://action.sierraclub.org/site/R?i=Z-aCFtAR4h7GvcH9P2pHeg>*

Also, a May 1 Budget Finance Committee hearing has been called by John
Avalos to consider San Francisco Department of Recreation and Parks'
privatizing its workforce and undermining the gardening apprenticeship
program started by Laborers Local 261. *Come to the hearing to support
the gardening apprenticeship program and put a halt to bad labor
practices at San Francisco Rec and Park.*

The community based apprenticeship program strengthens our workforce and
promotes passionate, skilled gardeners who improve parks and other open
spaces in our city. Come show your support for this partnership between
our labor unions and environmental activists. The rally will start at
noon. John Avalos, other Supervisors, and Michelle Myers from the Sierra
Club will be speaking.

Support workers and the environment on May 1! Join the rally at noon and
come to the hearing at 1 p.m.!

*You can RSVP online.
<http://action.sierraclub.org/site/R?i=rraP4QkSxJSNrRM4g-fahg>*

Thank you for all you do for workers and the environment,

/Will Lowry,/
/Online Communications, San Francisco Bay Chapter/

--

"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves."

Che Guevara