[Sustain] NEW CEQA UPDATE: Next Strategy Meeting Fri, May 31, 12 noon, SF Main Library (Stong Room - 1st floor) THEN HEARING Mon June 3, 10am, SF City Hall Rm 263 (tentative)

Eric Brooks brookse32 at earthlink.net
Fri May 24 15:07:08 PDT 2013

Hi all,

NEW CEQA UPDATE

In the Land Use Committee meeting this past Monday, the timeline was
tentatively accelerated on us a bit and there is a likely Land Use
Committee hearing on the CEQA legislation on Monday, June 3 at 10am.
(This is tentative, and to be confirmed late next week).

So this necessitates holding our strategy meeting sooner, next Friday at
the main library. (See details below.)

We now need to focus our effort on getting very strong language allowing
us to appeal project modifications (because we are being forced to
accept a much earlier initial CEQA appeal trigger than we were
demanding). I'll send out an action alert soon with talking points for
contacting our key swing Supervisors to insist on sufficient appeal
protections.

Next Friday's strategy meeting will serve to address any surprises, and
any good and/or bad developments that might require a revised strategy
on our part before the following week. We will also need to touch base
on where we think our swing Supervisors stand on our revised demands and
on what last minute lobbying or other pressure we might need to engage,
to ensure their support.

Here are the meeting/hearing details. Please RSVP to confirm if you plan
to attend either or both:

1) CEQA STRATEGY MEETING

- Monday, May 31, 12 noon
- SF Main Library, Stong Room, 1st Floor
(the SF Library is between United Nations Plaza & SF City Hall near
Civic Center BART/Muni)

2) LAND USE COMMITTEE HEARING CEQA AMENDMENTS (tentative - to be confirmed)

- Monday, June 3, 10am
- SF City Hall, Room 263

in solidarity

Eric Brooks