[SFGP] San Francisco Green Party Weekly

John-Marc Chandonia jmc at sfgreens.org
Thu Apr 7 22:57:40 PDT 2005

Greetings,

	Here are the major upcoming events:

1. Walk for Aimee Allison this Sunday with Ross Mirkarimi!
2. House Party of Aimme Allison Thursday, April 14 with Medea Benjamin, Ross
Mirkarimi, Lisa Feldstein, Renee Saucedo and Susan King
3. SF Green Party County Council meeting Wed, 4/13 7:30 (agenda setting for
General Meeting)
4. SF Green Party General Membership meeting Wed, 4/20 7:30-9:30
5. Earth Day Open House with the SF Green party 4/22 6-9 pm
6. CA Green Party state meeting, May 20-22 in LA

1. Hello Volunteers and Supporters of Aimee Allison for Oakland City
Council:

As we head into the final weeks of the campaign, now's when your help
is most critical. The campaign has built great momentum over the last
few weeks--a huge headquarters in a great location, a dedicated
campaign staff putting in long hours and an amazing group of
volunteers and supporters.

This weekend we have two special guests helping us out, as well as a
lot of returning volunteers and a bunch of new faces from the
neighborhoods and from around the Bay Area!

 **Saturday the 9th:

Walk with Aimee Allison, Gayle McLaughlin, and some of her supporters from
the Richmond Progressive Alliance!

Gayle is the Green who just won a decisive victory and is the first
Green on the Richmond City Council. We're meeting at campaign HQ at
10:30am for coffee, bagels, and some words from our special guests
from the northern East Bay before heading out precinct walking!

 **Sunday the 10th:

Walk with Aimee Allison, Ross Mirkarimi, and the SF Greens!
Ross is the Green who took over Matt Gonzalez' seat on the San
Francisco Board of Supervisors. We're meeting at campaign HQ at
10:30am for coffee, bagels, and some words from our special guests
from San Francisco before heading out precinct walking!

Both days we'll have breakfast--including coffee and tea--ready for
you at 10:30, and we'll provide a bag lunch as well. Don't forget to
let us know if you want a meat or a vegetarian sandwich. These events
are happening RAIN OR SHINE- if it's raining there's a lot of other
exciting things to do indoors which will keep Aimee's momentum going!

Let us know ASAP if you can do both Saturday and Sunday or just one of
the days. Please sign-up today by replying to this e-mail or calling
our campaign office at 510-594-7772. Please leave a message if no one
answers with your pick of days and any questions. Thanks in advance
for all your help!

 Sincerely,
Jen Freitas & Jesse Townley
Volunteer Coordinators
Aimee Allison for Oakland City Council

 SATURDAY & SUNDAY:
10:30 am ~ Precinct Walking and Literature Drops
10am ~ phone bank @ campaign HQ
9am ~ tabling at Lakeshore Farmer's Market (Sat) and Laney Flea Market
(Sun)

We also have exciting shifts every day doing early morning outreach,
mid-day office and outreach work, and evening precinct walking and
phone bank fun!  Call 510-594-7772 or e-mail us at
volunteer4aimee at earthlink.net to sign up. Or, just stop by Campaign HQ
at 3242 Grand Avenue, Oakland. We're just 4 doors up from the Grand
Lake Theater on the 12 bus line from 19th Street BART.

2. The San Francisco Green Party invites you to a house party on
Thursday, April 14, for an exceptional candidate for the Oakland City
Council--Aimee Allison!  Co-hosts include Medea Benjamin, Ross
Mirkarimi, Lisa Feldstein, Susan King, June Brashares, Renee Saucedo,
and the Feminist Issues Group of the SFGP.  The fundraiser will be
held at the home of Lisa Feldstein at 793 Cole (at Frederick) in San
Francisco, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.  Her home is near the Muni lines
N-Judah, 43, 37 and 6.  Our apologies that the location is not
wheelchair accessible.

3. SF Green Party County Council meeting, Wed April 13, 7:30-9:30

This is our regular County Council meeting where we set the agenda for
the General Membership meeting and make business decisions. All policy
and endorsement decisions are made by our active membership at the
General Meetings.

An agenda will be posted on the SFGP website, www.sfgreenparty.org

4. SF Green Party General Membership meeting., Wed April 20, 7:30-9:30

We meet on the 3rd Wednesday of every month for our regular activist
meeting.  Major issues include discussion of College Not Combat
campaign and selecting delegates to the May State Party meeting in Los
Angeles.

An agenda will be posted on the website after the County Council
meeting.

5. SF Green Party Earth Day Open House

Join Green Party activists, Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi and School Board
member Sarah Lipson on Friday, April 22nd to celebrate Earth Day at
the Green Party's open house from 6:00-9:00 pm.  The event also
celebrates the second year anniversary of the SF Green Party's office
space at 1028 A Howard.  If you have not had a chance to visit the
Green Party's local office, this is an opportunity to see what the
Party is doing to make SF a better place.  Come on by to meet Greens,
progressive activists, and elected leaders, enjoy light refreshments
and beverages and a meeting-free evening with us.

The event is free and open to the public.  1028 A Howard Street
(between 6th and 7th St).  For more info, please call 701-7090 or go
to http://www.sfgreenparty.org

6.  The CA Green Party meets 3-4 times per year around the state to
plan, make party policy, and work on our platform.  The next meeting
is in LA on May 20-22.  For more information, see
http://www.cagreens.org/plenary/

If you are interested in being a delegate, please come to the April 20
General membership meeting, where we will choose delegates.

JMC
--
John-Marc Chandonia (jmc at sfgreens.org)
http://www.dolorespark.org/