[SFGP] Announcement list for SF Green Party

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Oct 30 23:59:52 PDT 2008

ANNOUNCEMENT LIST FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO GREEN PARTY
Friday, Oct. 31, 2008

VOTE TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4.

Send Announcement items to news at sfgreens.org
Please keep items brief; submissions may be edited for length and content

Green Party General Membership Meetings are scheduled 7-9 p.m. every Fourth Wednesday of the Month
1028-A Howard Street (between 6th and 7th streets)
Meeting Minutes Archive: http://www.sfgreenparty.org/events/minutes.gem

VOTE TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4.

SF Green Party Voter Guide
http://sfgreenparty.org/images/VoterGuide.pdf

ELECTION EVENTS

* NEXT STEPS FOR ERIC MAR, Supervisor D1
-Trick-or-Treat with Eric Mar, Friends and Family: Friday, Oct. 31, 5:30-8 p.m.
Meet at the Eric Mar for Supervisor HQ, 4328 Geary Blvd, b/w 7th and 8th avenues
We will get out pumpkin baskets, fill them with Eric Mar fortune cookies, and trick-or-treat up and down 10th, 11th, and 12th avenues, Funston Street, and then over to the Argonne Community Garden. PLEASE RSVP!
-Bike Vote for Supe Candidates in D1, D3 and D11: Saturday, Nov. 1, 11:30am-8pm
Meet at David Chiu HQ, 1323 Polk St.
Bike with Dan Nguyen-Tan through the districts, with a stopover at the Mark Sanchez HQ in D9, then to D1 and the Eric Mar HQ for beer and pizza and phone banking.
Do You Want to Ride a Bicycle Around D1 with a trailer and Eric Mar Sign, or staff an Eric Mar Energizer Bicycle Station at Arguello and Cabrillo? Contact 422-0360 or ericmar08 at gmail.com .
-Day of the GOTV Deadline: Saturday, Nov. 1, 4-6 p.m.
Eric Mar for Supervisor HQ, 4328 Geary Blvd, b/w 7th and 8th avenues
Meet and greet fundraiser with local legend Tom Ammiano, Rachel Redondiez, Jeff Adachi, Shirley Breyer Black and Jeanne Batallones. Refreshments provided.
-Weekend Mobilization: Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. both days
Eric Mar for Supervisor HQ, 4328 Geary Blvd, b/w 7th and 8th avenues
Final weekend push for visibility, precinct walking, bike riding around the district with Eric Mar for Supervisor signs, phone banking, etc. See Sonya for details ­ 422-0360 or ericmar08 at gmail.com
-GOTV on Monday and Tuesday: Monday, Nov. 3, and Tuesday, Nov. 4, All day and all night
Eric Mar for Supervisor HQ, 4328 Geary Blvd, b/w 7th and 8th avenues
Food provided.  Contact us at 422-0360 or ericmar08 at gmail.com.
-Election Day, Eric Mar for Supervisor Victory Party: Nov 4, 8 p.m.
Where: Eric Mar for Supervisor HQ, 4328 Geary Blvd, b/w 7th and 8th avenues
Refreshments provided
-Volunteer Appreciation Party: Friday, Nov. 7, 7:30-9:30 p.m.
19th Avenue and California Street
Host: Volunteer Nick Michlig. For more info or RSVP, contact 422-0360 or ericmar08 at gmail.com

* PROPOSITION H - YES: Saturday & Sunday, Nov. 1-2, 10:00 a.m.
It's the final week before the election - it's time to give it all you've got for the SF Clean Energy Act (Proposition H)!
Precinct Walking; meet at Global Exchange, 2017 Mission street, 2nd Floor (Near 16th & Mission Sts BART) Help us reach key precincts we need to distribute Prop H literature! Please RSVP to let us know you'll be there so we have enough materials for everyone with June at 415-425-3733 or june at sfcleanenergy.com.
-Monday, Nov. 3
Please set aside this final day before the election to spend the whole day with us. We'll be doing visibility, handing out literature at key spots, making phone calls and walking key precincts. Please RSVP June at 415-425-3733 or june at sfcleanenergy.com.
-*ELECTION DAY* Tuesday, Nov. 4, 7am-8pm
We'll be doing visibility, GOTV and monitoring the polls to make sure all goes well.
Please RSVP June at 415-425-3733 or june at sfcleanenergy.com.
After 8pm, when the polls are closed, join us at our Election Night Victory Party with the League of Young Voters and others at El Rio bar on Mission Street.

* Cindy for Congress Get Out the Vote Rally: Sunday, Nov. 2, 1-5pm
Washington Square Park
Guest speakers include Nader/Gonzalez campaign, Maxine Doogan of Yes on Prop K, Cynthia McKinney (invited-she will definitely be joining us for election day!), Daniel Ellsberg, Col. Ann Wright, Cindy Sheehan and more.

EVENTS (San Francisco, unless otherwise noted)

* Election Day: VOTE TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4.

* Van Jones Speaks: Tuesday, Nov. 11, 7:30 p.m.; $12 advance, $15 door
First Congregational Church of Oakland, 2501 Harrison St, Oakland
The author of "The Green Collar Economy: How One Solution Can Fix Our Two Biggest Problems" is a tireless advocate, championing green-collar jobs and opportunities for disadvantaged people. He is committed to "creating green pathways out of poverty,” while expanding the coalition fighting global warming. This is a Fundraiser benefiting Green for All and KPFA Radio. Tickets may be purchased online at www.kpfa.org/events and www.brownpapertickets.com/event/47116, or at independent bookstores. For more information: 510-848-6767 X609.

* Green Festival: Friday-Sunday, Nov. 14, 15, 16; several admission packages
Concourse Exhibition Center, 635 8th St. (415-490-5800)
A joint project of Global Exchange (http://www.globalexchange.org) and Co-op America (https://www.coopamerica.org), the Green Festival celebrates what's working in our communities for people, business and the environment. Here, green means safe, healthy communities and a strong local economy. Join us at the nation’s premier sustainability event, where you will see the best in green. Enjoy more than 125 authors, leaders and educators; great how-to workshops; cutting-edge films; fun activities for kids; organic beer and wine; delicious vegetarian cuisine and diverse live music.
http://www.greenfestivals.org/

* How To Secure Land for Urban Agriculture: Saturday Nov. 15, 10am­5pm; $20 Members/$40 Non-Members (California Food and Justice Coalition)
Alameda County Public Health Department, 1000 Broadway, Suite 500, Oakland
Join us for a day of information, sharing and discussions on how we can secure land in the city to increase access to healthy food and create green-collar jobs, self reliance and other economic opportunities. Workshop topics include accessing public and private lands, zoning and planning laws, community-organizing strategies, easements and urban-agriculture policies. Register online at www.cafoodjustice.org, or for more information, contact Jessica Bell at jessicabell at cafoodjustice.org.
_______________________

NEWS

The Party’s Over? by Cindy Sheehan
http://www.fogcityjournal.com/wordpress/2008/10/28/the-partys-over/

Yes on Prop H rally at PG&E's house
http://www.sfbg.com/blogs/politics/2008/10/yes_on_prop_h_rally_at_pges_ho.html

Could Joe Alioto Jr. actually be worse than his sister, Sup. Michela Alioto-Pier?
http://www.sfbg.com/entry.php?entry_id=7381&catid=&volume_id=398&issue_id=403&volume_num=43&issue_num=05

California's Big Chance to Stop Locking up Harmless Drug Offenders
http://www.alternet.org/rights/104589/

Mormon Church GOTV for Prop 8: "Do All You Can"
http://www.motherjones.com/mojoblog/archives/2008/10/10453_oh_boy_this_ele.html

Alan Shrugged
http://www.motherjones.com/washington_dispatch/2008/10/alan-greenspan-regulation.html

_______________________

Dear Fellow Greens:

While the other races in the City have received widespread attention, the race to replace Sup. Tom Ammiano in District 9 has gone relatively unnoticed.  We have a very good chance at electing another Green to the Board of Supervisors and, in turn, electing another Green to be President of the Board.  Mark Sanchez has proven that he can represent Green values at a citywide level and link them to respected policy and sound legislation.  This is the kind of leadership we need at a local level to grow the party and offer an alternative to the Democratic machine.

Mark needs a hard commitment from you to be out the last weekends of the election.  We are going to need energetic bodies in the streets to get Mark into office.  For volunteer information, visit: https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignPublic/id:23898.1429207178/rid:358af214b3cba611f0cebd8c6a08eaea
This is a critical time in the campaign, and Mark's campaign desperately needs your help to finance its last round of literature.  You can donate by calling 415.430.7091, or making a check out to "SANCHEZ '08" and sending it to:

SANCHEZ '08
988 Valencia St.
San Francisco, CA 94110

Checks are still being matched 1 to 1, and your donation of $50 becomes $100 through matching funds. Your donation of $500 (the limit for individual donations) becomes $1,000.  Please consider a donation today!  http://marksanchez.org
_______________________

DOWN To The FINAL STRETCH FUNDRAISER For BRUCE WOLFE At GUNNER'S

Thank you everyone who has helped drop literature, spread the word, making phone calls and just the overwhelming support to help me finally get elected this time around. We are still not quite there yet. Just a little more here and there will pull us away from the pack and onto victory. I'm doing this to protect quality education, our future, the City's most important asset, City College. Fraught with controversy and conspiracy, CCSF certainly needs a major overhaul of its leadership and management.

Running a citywide campaign is a daunting experience for many. It's not as difficult for Mayor, DA, Sheriff or Public Defender as they are higher profile. This is a below-the-radar position but governs the second largest property owner that can exempt itself from the local planning codes; fails to protect medical cannabis patients under city law since it is on state property; and, bulldozes their way into neighborhoods without community support to build large but needed campus facilities.

This is why I am running. To save our future. The time is now.
There are several activities that will help yet another Progressive cross the finish line:
Phone banking
Morning transit stops - handing out literature while folks wait for the MUNI
Walking precincts and dropping literature (no door knocking)
Donations http://www.brucewolfe.net/donate
Visibility - afternoon signage at various intersections
Put up a sign in your window.
Email, Text Message, Facebook, MySpace, etc. - Spread the word to your San Francisco networks.

Please contact me as to when and where you would like to help. I can deliver signs and lit to you. I have satellite mobilization centers at Eric Mar D-1, David Chiu D-3, Ross Mirkarimi D-5, Mark Sanchez D-9, John Avalos D-11. I also will need a last push of funding to complete the mission. If you have already made a pledge but haven't reached the cap of $500, I would totally appreciate it if you could give a little more. If you haven't, it is time to do so. Whatever you can afford, it's all welcome. The future of our community college is at risk here. http://www.brucewolfe.net/donate
Visit my website http://www.BruceWolfe.net, Email me at info at brucewolfe.net, or call me at 415.287.3431.  Thanks again for all your love and support. Let's have a total Progressive win all around.
_______________________

* VOTER GUIDE
The SF Green Party has put together a Voter Guide for the fall election!  We have put a lot of time and thought into our endorsements and would like to share our political analysis and ballot recommendations with Greens and allies citywide. We are currently raising funds to cover printing and mailing costs.
Check our endorsements here:
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/campaigns/campaigns.gem
http://sfgreenparty.org/images/VoterGuide.pdf
And then go here to make a donation (credit cards accepted):
http://sfgreenparty.org/makeadonation/makeadonation.html
Or you can make a check out to the "SF Green Party" and send it to:
San Francisco Green Party
1028A Howard St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
We can also use your help! If you are interested in helping with any aspects of the Voter Guide, including ballot write-ups, distribution, or fundraising you can email the County Council at cc at sfgreens.org or call Razzu on his cell at 510-387-5796.

* Green Party of California Update
Most Of You Know That A Team Of Us Have Been Working On A Green Party Documentary.  Well, This Pre-election Version Is Complete.  A Lot Of Time Was Put Into This Project, So Your Help In Spreading It Around Will Get It To The People.  Watch It, Subscribe To The YouTube Page, Make It A YouTube Favorite, Post It On Blogs. Email The Link To Friends, Post It On Your Websites, Post In On A Myspace Bulletin, Tell Your Friends About It. Alert The Media.  Do All of This Multiple Times.  Each Time It Will Catch More And More People.  Where You Can Find It: http://www.youtube.com/oaklandgreens.