[SFGP] SF Green Party Weekly Newsletter

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Wed Jun 3 20:13:08 PDT 2009

Wednesday, June 3

Many thanks to everyone who came out to our victory party last week, despite
competing with important widespread street protests against the
disappointing Prop 8 ruling upholding discrimination, we had a good crowd
and collected a number of signatures for the ballot measure aimed at
overturning Prop 8 in 2010.  We had a lot of fun and even raised enough
money to hold on to the office for another month.  Special thanks to
everyone who gave what they could!  We are still on the brink of having to
let it go.  If you would like to help us out of our dire financial
situation, it's never too late to donate, and we especially need recurring
monthly donations (sustainers) so that we can spend less time fundraising
and more time organizing and focusing on things like collecting signatures
to overturn Prop 8 and electing progressives to office:
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/makeadonation/makeadonation.html

*EVENTS*

* Thursday, June 4  6:45-11 pm
*Green Screen: "Changeling" & "Eagle vs. Shark" *
FREE MOVIE NIGHT with the SF Green Party!

*NOTE EARLIER START:*
Doors at 6:45, showtime 7:00.
Stereo sound and a projector for the big screen feel. Organic vegan popcorn
and snacks provided! Beer, cocktails, wine, and more available in exchange
for donations or feel free to bring your own!
*7 pm* *Changeling*-
Christine Collins (Angelina Jolie, in an Oscar-nominated role) is overjoyed
when her young kidnapped son Walter is brought back home. But when Christine
suspects that the Walter who was returned to her isn't her actual child, the
police captain (Jeffrey Donovan) has her committed to an asylum. John
Malkovich co-stars as the crusading reverend who comes to Christine's rescue
in this gripping, 1920s-set drama helmed by ace director Clint Eastwood.
*9:30 pm* *Eagle vs. Shark*-
Lily (Loren Horsley) is reserved and awkward. Jarrod (Jemaine Clement) is an
introspective oddball completely oblivious to Lily's affection for him. A
celebration mixed with a strange plan to exact revenge on Jarrod's high
school foe brings the two raging misfits together to face their mutual life
challenges. Academy Award-nominated director Taika Cohen also penned this
dark romantic comedy, a 2007 Sundance Film Festival entry.
*RSVP and help spread the word:*
http://sanfrancisco.going.com/event-615166;Green_Screen_Changeling_Eagle_vs_Shark?comment_thread=277329#comment_277329
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=83271337953
____________________________

* Saturday, June 6 from 7:00 pm to 12:00 am
*Rally the Troupes V!*
A night of savvy political and sexy queer performance!
SomArts, 934 Brannan St
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108034326787
____________________________

* Monday, July 20 from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
*Rev. Billy Campaign Event in San Francisco*
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=81883909132
____________________________

* Thursday, July 23 - Sunday July 26
*2009 Green Party Annual National Meeting*
The Green Party of the United States is pleased to announce that the 2009
Annual National Meeting will be held on the campus of North Carolina Central
University in Durham, NC. Check it out if you're interested in this year's
largest national gathering of Greens to make new friends, network, and help
grow the Green Party nationally and in your community.
http://www.gp.org/2009-ANM/

*NEWS*

*San Francisco Reacts to Prop 8 Decision*
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/news/newsitem-start.gem?idx=1739

*Obama Hasn't Been to the Mountaintop, Not in Appalachia*
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-8257-SF-Energy-Policy-Examiner~y2009m5d23-Barack-Obama-hasnt-been-to-the-mountaintop-not-in-Appalachia

*Uranium Mining and Weapons Poisoning, on the Navajo Reservation*
http://tinyurl.com/poazj4

*Bus Riders at the Back of the Stimulus Bus*
http://www.examiner.com/x-8257-SF-Energy-Policy-Examiner~y2009m5d28-Mass-transit-riders-stimulated-with-fare-hikes-and-service-cuts-all-over-the-USA

*Join the new SF Green Party Facebook Group!:*
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62534706497

Send Announcements to news at sfgreens.org
Please keep items brief; submissions may be edited for length and content.

Green Party General Membership Meetings are scheduled 7-9pm every Fourth
Wednesday of the Month
1028A Howard Street (between 6th and 7th streets)
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/