[SFGP] San Francisco Greens at Pride 2009

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Jun 25 04:25:57 PDT 2009

SF Pride is this weekend!
Saturday and Sunday, June 27 - 28
10:00am - 6:00pm

The SF Green Party will once again have a booth at Pride this year, Saturday
and Sunday at our usual location on the east side of Larkin a couple booths
down from the corner of Grove towards Market.
View Map: http://tinyurl.com/n8v9s3

As in the past, this is a great outreach event for the Green Party and it
would be awesome if folks would volunteer to help out with the tabling.
Email the CC if you are interested cc at sfgreens.org .

Also, for those who are interested in marching in the parade, Supervisor
Ross Mirkarimi will have a contingent that Greens are welcome to join. We
need a couple folks to step up and go to a training - there is one last
minute training:

** Friday June 26 7:00 PM Bill Graham Auditorium, Larkin Hall, 99 Grove
Street, San Francisco

If you are interested in participating in the parade please send a reply to
the active list active at sfgreens.org . Let us know if you will be able to
attend the training. Ross's contingent will be gathering at a location near
Market Street at 10am on Sunday, June 28th.
Please arrive by 10:25am at the latest. Typically, we are finished marching
in the parade by 1pm. If you can't make the training, but still want to
march in the parade, that will probably be fine as long as other folks step
up. You should also reply to the active list, so we can gauge interest and
email you back with the meeting location.

This year's parade theme is: "In order to form a more perfect union..."
Ross's contingent's theme will be: "colors of the rainbow" so please dress
in colorful clothes. No ordinary/plain colored street clothes please. So if
you are wearing regular jeans, PLEASE wear a bright, solid colored shirt.
There is NO WAY to be too much at this parade. Please dress as festive as
possible to make our contingent more grand. If this is your first year, be
warned that the only thing that may make you feel out of place is NOT
dressing flamboyant enough! Ross always wears a giant rainbow colored
feather boa.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of Greens out there, either in the parade or
at the booth (or both)!