[SFGP] ANNOUNCEMENT LIST FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO GREEN PARTY

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Mar 27 00:22:34 PDT 2009

Friday, March 27, 2009
ANNOUNCEMENT LIST FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO GREEN PARTY

Send Announcements to news at sfgreens.org
Please keep items brief; submissions may be edited for length and content.

Green Party General Membership Meetings are scheduled 7-9pm every Fourth Wednesday of the Month
1028-A Howard Street (between 6th and 7th streets)
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/

EVENTS (San Francisco, unless otherwise noted)

* Organic Sounds-San Francisco: April 2, 7pm; Tickets in advance $25; at the door $35
Space Gallery, 1141 Polk St.
Since 1991, Pesticide Watch Education Fund (PWEF) has worked side-by-side with communities to clean up and prevent pesticide pollution and pesticide exposure. On April 2, we will celebrate our efforts over the past two years, with local music, food and speakers. For more information, please contact 916-551-1883 or celebration at pesticidewatch.org .

* "SUPER HIGH ME" : Thursday, April 2, 7pm, Free
1028A Howard Street (between 6th and 7th streets)
Green Screen Flicks: Doug smokes, eats and vaporizes medical marijuana for 30 consecutive days in order to get “Super High.” But there is a catch; first Doug must go 30 days without any marijuana and undertakes a number of tests, completing the same tests while medicated and while sober, in an effort to find out what marijuana does and how it really affects people. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/super_high_me/
We will be encouraging folks to send letters of support to the state Assembly in support of Ammiano's marijuana legalization legislation! Come join the SF Green Party for our weekly FREE movie screening! Doors open at 7 for socializing, showtime 7:30. Surround sound and projector for the big screen feel. Organic vegan popcorn and snacks provided free! Beer, kombucha and other drinks available for a donation. NEXT WEEK (4/9) - "SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE" http://www.sfgreenparty.org/events/events.gem

* Rent Party with Barry's Homebrew!  Saturday April 11, 4pm
2467 28 Ave. @ Taraval (off the L Muni line)
Times are tough, and the SF Green Party is feeling the pinch as we are struggling to pay rent on our office.  So as we work on finding new ways to bring in some extra money, help us out with some temporary support by coming to Barry Hermanson's "Rent Party" and enjoy some of Barry's famous homebrewed beer.  Barry has brewed up some IPA and an ESB (English Style Bitter - that actually tastes like a brown ale) just for this occasion, so come on by and party with the Greens, and
if you can donate any amount, large or small, we will come a little closer to making ends meet and holding on to the valuable resource that the office provides. Bring grillable items to share if you can!

_______________________

NEWS

PNN City Hall Beat: The Govenator's Surprise!
http://www.poormagazine.org/index.cfm?L1=news&story=2211

The Real AIG Conspiracy
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=12784
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=220572&title=the-notorious-aig%0A

When Protesters Become "Terrorists"
http://www.sfbg.com/entry.php?entry_id=8278&catid=&volume_id=398&issue_id=424&volume_num=43&issue_num=26

Going Legit: Following SF Weekly Story, Board of Supes Now Plans to Obey Law It Flouted For Years
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/03/going_legit_following_sf_weekl.php

Senate Appoints Mirkarimi to the California Coastal Commission
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/news/newsitem-start.gem?idx=1734