[SFGP] ANNOUNCEMENT LIST FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO GREEN PARTY

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Mar 20 21:50:44 PDT 2009

Friday, March 20, 2009
ANNOUNCEMENT LIST FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO GREEN PARTY

Send Announcements to news at sfgreens.org
Please keep items brief; submissions may be edited for length and content.

Green Party General Membership Meetings are scheduled 7-9pm every Fourth Wednesday of the Month
1028-A Howard Street (between 6th and 7th streets)
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/

EVENTS (San Francisco, unless otherwise noted)

* Pirate Cat Radio, 87.9 FM, Friday, March 20, 6-7pm
Joe Lynn, Green Party Member and Good Government Advocate, will be interviewed on the state of the San Francisco Ethics Commission. http://www.piratecatradio.com/listen.php,

* SF Peace Rally: Saturday, March 21, 11am
March from Justin Herman Plaza to the Civic Center Plaza
It's been SIX years since the Iraq occupation started. Time to let the new administration in Washington know what we want. SFGP is planning to set up a booth at the Civic Center, so you could tell folks to look for the Green Party booth at Civic Center and that we could use some volunteers  http://www.actionsf.org/#local2

* SF Green Party General Membership Meeting: March 25, 7-9pm
1028A Howard Street (between 6th and 7th streets)
http://www.sfgreenparty.org.

* Green Screen, Free Flick Thursdays: March 26, 7pm
Join the SF Greens for our weekly FREE movie screening! VOTE FOR THE NEXT MOVIES - el.
Organic vegan popcorn provided! Beer, kombucha and other drinks available for a donation. Doors open at 7pm for socializing; showtime is7:30. 1028 A Howard St (between 6th and 7th St) For more info, visit: http://www.sfgreenparty.org/events/events.gem.

* Green Screen, Free Flick: Thursday, April 9, 7pm
1028A Howard Street (between 6th and 7th streets)
Join fellow Greens for the airing of "Slumdog Millionaire," a flick about 18-year-old Mumbai "slumdog" Jamal Malik who is arrested on suspicion of cheating, after coming within one question of winning 20-million rupees on the Indian version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?".
Beer, kombucha and other drinks available for a donation. Doors open at 7pm for socializing; showtime 7:30pm. For more info, visit http://www.sfgreenparty.org/events/events.gem.

In the spirit of democracy and to boost attendance we are using an IRV poll to pick the next movie; please only vote if you think you will attend a movie you have chosen, and vote just once ranking all 7 choices: Sicko, Maxed Out, Jesus Camp, Super High Me, Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices, Cadillac Records, and Changeling... http://www.demochoice.org/dcballot.php?poll=Mar26
Surround sound and projector for the big screen feel.

_______________________

NEWS

Greens Condemn President Obama's Stance on Single-Payer Medical Plan at White House Summit
http://www.gp.org/press/pr-national.php?ID=188

Obama Calls AIG Bonuses 'Outrageous'
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/03/18/MNUT16IU25.DTL&type=politics&tsp=1
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2009/03/obama-looking-revealing-names-aig-execs-who-received-bonuses-cuomo-gets-some-aig-bonus-

Daily vs Cramer
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/index.jhtml?episodeId=220533

Save the Chronicle!
http://www.sfbg.com/entry.php?entry_id=8239&catid=4&volume_id=398&issue_id=423&volume_num=43&issue_num=25

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson Bans Death Penalty
http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE52I0I820090319

Obama on Spot Over a Benefit to Gay Couples
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/13/us/politics/13benefits.html

City Ethics Chief Also Refusing Budget Cuts?
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/cityinsider/detail?&entry_id=37148

E-Campaign to 'Save' Medjool's Rooftop Bar Kicks Off -- But Is it Grassroots or Astroturf?
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/03/e-campaign_to_save_medjools_ro.php#more