[SFGP] SFGP Candidate Endorsement Forum / General Meeting, Wed 7pm, Goodbye Office details

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Mon Sep 21 23:05:39 PDT 2009

*Green Greetings,

SFGP Candidate Endorsement Forum / General Meeting*
Wednesday 09/23/09 7:00PM-9:00PM
1028A Howard (bet. 6th & 7th)

At this month's General Meeting, we will consider endorsements of candidates
in local elections, including SF municipal candidates and KPFA Local Station
Board candidates.  Note that we've already endorsed on the propositions at
the last GM (see minutes
<http://www.sfgreenparty.org/events/minutes.gem>for details), and a
writeup on these will be posted soon.

The forum is open to the public, but only active Green Party members can
participate in the final endorsement decisions at the end.

*Schedule:*

*Energy / land use issues* (Eric Brooks) - 15 minutes

*KPFA candidates Q&A* - 1 hr (starting at 7:15, but with a 10-15 minute
break for Cisneros).  Candidates who are confirmed to attend so far: Fest,
Tanaka, Phelps, Cader, Zeltzer, Woods, Sanders.  Please read candidate
statements posted here:
http://www.kpfa.org/kpfa-station-board-election-2009, and bring any
additional questions to ask at the meeting.

*Cisneros Q&A* - 10-15 minutes, starting at 7:30.  Please read his answers
to our questionnaire, posted on our website:
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/news/newsitem-start.gem?idx=1746, and bring any
additional questions to ask at the meeting.

*Final endorsement decisions on KPFA, SF candidates* - 30 minutes.  We will
use straw polling to determine the endorsements most likely to reach
consensus, then follow the consensus procedure to make endorsement.  In case
we don't reach consensus, there is a fallback voting threshold of 75% on
candidate endorsement decisions.

*These are some tentative dates for our moving out activities:*
Both at 1028A Howard (bet. 6th & 7th)

10/10 - *Silent auction* / give-away for all of the remaining art,
memorabilia, furniture and office supplies left in the office.

10/15 or 10/22 - *Moveout party* - One last big bash to mark the end of an
era and a new start.  Stay tuned for details on live entertainment, food &
drink!

*SF Peak Oil Preparedness Task Force Presents Report*
Thursday 09/24/09, 1:00PM-4:00PM
San Francisco Peak Oil Preparedness Task Force Will Present Report to Board
of Supervisors Thursday

*Where & When:* Task Force Members will present their findings to members of
the Board of Supervisors’ Government Oversight and Audit Committee in the
Legislative Chamber – Second Floor of City Hall at 1:00 PM on Thursday,
September 24.
*Who:* Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi, who sponsored the resolution to create the
Task Force; Task Force Members and supporters; Supervisors Eric Mar and
Sophie Maxwell.
*What:* The San Francisco Peak Oil Preparedness Task Force, a citizen
advisory body formed by the Board of Supervisors in 2007, will deliver its
final report to city leaders. The 125-page
report<http://www.sfenvironment.org/our_policies/overview.html?ssi=20>analyzes
the City’s vulnerabilities to shortages of petroleum and natural
gas and warns about the dire consequences of inaction.
Peak Oil is the point in time at which maximum global production of
petroleum is reached, after which point production begins an inexorable
decline, regardless of demand or price. With most of the planet's easily
extractable (and therefore cheap) petroleum already used, geologists and oil
industry insiders caution that reserves of petroleum and natural gas will
soon begin that decline, if they haven’t already.
The Task Force presentation will be followed by ample time for public
comment.
*Come and be part of this historic occasion.*  San Francisco is the largest
city in the country to formally consider the consequences of Peak Oil.  The
report's 91 recommendations need to be prioritized and implementation
begun.  Our actions are being watched from around the country and as far
away as Germany.