[SFGP] Join us for the biggest Green party of the year! Wed. Dec 15 -- Plus, Critical vote on new Mayor Tuesday!

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Tue Dec 7 00:13:56 PST 2010

Happy Holidaze People!  Please help us spread the word on this, we decided
to go big at the last minute and need everyone's help to make it a big
success (a week from Wednesday) especially in order to get enough people
there to buy $1,000 worth of drinks that we have to pay otherwise...

*Green Holiday Hoopla*
*Wednesday, December 15, 7:00pm -  2:00am*
Location: The Public Works SF, 161 Erie Street (off Mission bet. Duboce and
14th)

The SF Greens are going all out this time! We rented out the amazing new
multi-purpose event space/dance club, Public Works and we're throwing down a
FREE night of awesomeness with a collection of some of the movers and
shakers of the underground music and performance art scene in SF!  We've got
a hefty bar minimum and are putting more on the line than ever in order to
revitalize the Party and inspire a fresh surge of political energy!

Spread the word and come out to support a real progressive alternative to
the messed up system that continues to screw us over year after year!

COME EARLY FOR THE POLITICS - a review of the last local election and how we
can grow stronger for the future. Some of the leaders of the Green Party
will share their inspirational thoughts.

STAY LATE FOR THE FUN - check out the sick lineup never before together on
one stage!

7pm- Election Recap, Guest Speakers
-Laura Wells, 2010 Green gubernatorial candidate
-Mark Sanchez, former School Board President, Principal
-and more tba

8pm- Radical Performance Art
-Boys Together Clinging: The Gay Poetry of Walt Whitman by Ryan Hayes
http://www.sffringe.org/fringe10/10plays/boys.html

9pm-2am- Live Music

DeeJay Andre (FADED, Girl Tuesdays) http://www.djandresf.com/BIO.html

Cumulus (W.O.M.P.S., Glimmer of Dope) soundcloud.com/cumulus

Daneekah (Coo-Yah!) http://www.myspace.com/daneekah

Rich DDT (LoveTech) http://soundcloud.com/richddt

Cosmic Selector (TekFreaks, Opulent Temple) http://www.cosmicselector.com/

Phantom Power (rock 'n roll band)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phantom-Power/45798599505?v=wall

Genji (MK2systems.com) http://mk2systems.com/memekast/mk026.html

Spektrum (MK2systems.com, Space Cowboys)
http://www.soundcloud.com/fullspektrum

DJ Solari

-Complimentary snacks and gourmet vegan ice cream cake!  What?!

-NO COVER / Pay what you can! Huh?!

http://publicsf.com/venue

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=152253798154705

=========================

*Final Hearing! New Mayor Now! Today, **Tuesday, Tell Supes: Unite On
Nominee & Appoint!*

TURN OUT!

Today, Tue Dec 7, 3pm, Rm 250, SF City Hall - On Both Polk & Van Ness
between Grove & McAllister (from Civic Center BART/Muni cross United Nations
Plaza to City Hall)

Public Comment will be taken at this hearing!

This Tue Dec 7, 3pm is our moment! This is our chance to demand that our
elected Board of Supervisors (the peoples' body) avoid back room political
games, unite around one mayoral nominee who reflects the progressive goals
and values of the majority of San Franciscans; and to appoint that nominee
NOW so that our new mayor has as much time as possible to prepare for office
and face San Francisco's unprecedented budget and economic crises.

It is also vital that you tell the supervisors what San Francisco needs in
the person that they will choose, and what programs you insist that our new
mayor support in these tight budget times.

See/Share this event on FaceBook at:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=175743379122054#!/event.php?eid=175743379122054

and on Twitter at:
http://twitter.com/OurCitySF

*Local Hiring Supporters!*

The San Francisco Local Hiring Policy for Construction was sent to the full
board without recommendation, and will be heard today, TUESDAY, DECEMBER 7th
at the Board of Supervisors Meeting.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166433953395586

*While our website is down, join us on Facebook:*
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62534706497