[SFGP] SFGP Greenzine: Monthly Meeting tomorrow Wed, 6/23 El CafeTazo 7pm / Tabling @ Pride / Election results

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Tue Jun 22 17:27:01 PDT 2010

Greentings,
  After an important June election, with mixed results, it's time to look at
how it went, where we stand, where we go from here and start thinking about
the next one which is right around the corner.

*GET INVOLVED:*
We're looking for volunteers to help register Greens at public events
throughout the summer.  We've hired a part-time volunteer coordinator to
help schedule people for specific events, so please email
cc at sfgreens.orgwith your contact info if you can help us out!

In the next few weeks, we're looking for volunteers to help with *our booth
at Pride (June 26-27) at the corner of Larkin and Grove* and our *table at
Dolores Park during the Mime Troupe's opening weekend (July 3-4).*

*Mixed election results*
While primaries tend to draw more people from the two major parties, where
there is a lot of "competition", Green turnout matched that of the overall
turnout, but was 1-1/2 to twice as high as the other 3rd parties!

We distributed 10,000 SFGP Voter Guides by mail and by hand and are very
grateful for the many people who made the guide possible! These include our
donors who paid for printing and mailing, volunteer Dan Strickland who
designed the voter guide, and numerous other volunteers who helped
distribute it!
The voter guide were likely a big part of the high voter turn-out among
Greens. We hope to have enough funds for voter guides in every election.
There are always important ballot initiatives being decided, and forces like
PG&E count on folks like us not going to the polls. They were wrong this
time!

*Kudos goes to SF Greens Bruce Wolfe and Eric Brooks who were a big part of
the No on Prop 16 campaign and led us to victory against PG&E!*  PG&E wasted
$46-47 million of ratepayer money - $25 per vote they got, while the
grassroots opposition won by spending only a nickel for every vote we got!

And although Prop 14's passage threatens the ballot status of all
independent, non-corporate parties, there may be a silver lining. *Since
everybody will now vote in the same primary, there's no reason not to
register with the political party that best reflects your values and
beliefs.*

============================

Wednesday, June 23  7:00 - 9:00pm
*SFGP Monthly Meeting*
Meet fellow Greens and get more involved at our monthly meeting. Open to the
public.

*El Cafetazo*
3087 16th St
(between Mission & Valencia St)

*Agenda*:
Facilitator: Paul P and Barry
Notes: Rich S
Welcome/Introductions (5 min)
Cell phone towers (Eric B, 10 min)
Parkmerced development  (Eric B, 10 min)
Election Analysis, pending data availability (Mark Soloman 10-30 min)
Update candidate questionnaires (college board, school board, and supes)
(JMC 30 min)
Tabling report (Rich 5-10 min)
November proposition triage and possible early endorsements of easy ones
(JMC 10 min)
Tabling Schedule for Summer 2010 (10 min)
Announcements (5-10 min)

*Upcoming Monthly Meetings*
July (7/28) - Endorsements for Propositions, Welcome new CC members.
August (8/25)- Endorsements for Supes, college board and school board.

*Find us on Facebook:*
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62534706497
http://www.sfgreenparty.org