[SFGP] SFGP Greenzine: Monthly Meeting (AKA General Mtg.) Wed 5/26 - 7pm / Endorsements

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Tue May 25 17:20:23 PDT 2010

Just a couple of quick reminders in this issue, but first a thought.
The 2-party system makes it really tough for a 3rd party to establish itself
and grow.  We have been lucky in San Francisco and CA to have gone through a
period of fairly rapid growth over the last decade.  Some may look at a loss
of an elected leader here and there or a slight dip in our registration
numbers and feel like our time has come and gone.  But this experiment in
building a true progressive challenge to the establishment is a much longer
endeavor and we are part of a much bigger coalition around the world!  Just
this month the *Green party elected it's first member to Parliament* in the
UK and in less than a week Colombia will be voting for a new president, and
the Green candidate is poised to move on to the runoff round where polls
show *he will likely WIN!*  So don't give up just because we didn't get
everything we wanted right away, we're still here, we have a lot of work to
do and we need your help to reach our common goals.
Send us an email if you'd like to get more involved and of course you can
always help us out with a donation through our website.

============================

The SF Green Party's endorsements are now posted on our website:
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/campaigns/campaigns.psp

-Full explanations are posted there, but the most important propositions to
pay attention to (and work on, if you have time) are:
*NO *on* 14!
NO *on* 16!**
YES *on* 15!*

============================

* Wednesday, May 26  7:00 - 9:00pm*
*SFGP Monthly Meeting

*In an effort to better convey what our meetings are for, we are changing
the name from "General Membership Meeting" to simply "Monthly Meeting"
meaning it's the SFGP's regular monthly meeting.

Our *May Monthly Meeting* will be held at:

*El Cafetazo
3087 16th St*
(between Mission & Valencia St)

Agenda:
Facilitator: Barry
Welcome/Introductions (5 min)
Park Merced (Eric B, 10-15 min)
Local Hiring Mandate Legislation (Erik B, Joshua Arce, 20-30 min)
Community Choice Clean Energy Update (Erik B, 5 min)
Tabling Schedule for Summer 2010 (20 min)
Announcements (5-10 min)

SFGP's Eric Brooks was the featured guest on the Green 960 AM radio program
'Go Vegan With Bob Linden' talking about the monstrous proposed Darling
International animal biofuels project. Both he and the host also get in some
good shots against Obama and the two party system.
http://www.goveganradio.com:8484/shows/128kbps/go-vegan-with-bob-linden-2010-05-09.mp3

Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62534706497
http://www.sfgreenparty.org