[SFGP] Greenzine - volunteer opportunities and campaign update

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Apr 14 09:32:51 PDT 2012

Dear Greens,

     We're entering the last week of the signature drive in the
campaign to label GMOs.  We REALLY as many people as we can get for
the Earth Day event at Civic Center on Sunday, the 22nd. It is
expected to be very well-attended, and we anticipate getting a few
thousand signatures if we can get it fully staffed. PLEASE let us know
if you can help at any point between 8am and 6pm.

There are several other events happening in the next week as well, and
if you can't make it to the main Earth Day event, then please
considering helping out at one of these:
April 19 - 9am-2pm: BART Blue Sky Earth Day Event (Justin Herman Plaza)
April 19 - 11:30am-1:30pm: Earth Day at USF
April 21 - 10am-6pm: Cesar Chavez Parade & Festival (24th St between Bryant
and Treat)

We have tons of other mini-events in the next 10 days as well - Sunday
Streets, various farmers markets, grocery stores, Off The Grid, etc.
If you have any time free, email LabelGMOsSF at gmail.com to help.

For more info, see:
http://sfgreenparty.org/10-campaigns/35-help-needed-to-label-gmos

*===========================*

    We'll be making our endorsements on propositions in the June
Primary during our regular monthly meeting this April.  The meeting
will be held from 7-9 PM on Wed, 4/25, at El Cafetazo (16th St near
Valencia).

Everybody is welcome to come participate in the discussion.  If you've
volunteered with the SF Green Party in the last year, you're eligible
to participate in our consensus process for decision making.

*===========================*

    Our presidential primary is heating up, just as the corporate parties
campaigns are wrapping up.  More news on leading Green presidential
candidates, and plans for a forum in SF, are on our website:

http://sfgreenparty.org/10-campaigns/36-2012-presidential-campaign-update

*===========================*

   Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi's family finally gets to tell their side of
the story: Eliana Lopez describes Mayor Lee's and DA Gascon's actions
as a 'Coup':

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/05/EDOA1NVGJQ.DTL

    Sheriff Mirkarimi also gave his perspective:

http://www.baycitizen.org/ross-mirkarimi-3/story/mirkarimi-speaks-out/

*===========================*

    Several major Occupy events are coming up in the next weeks--visit
http://occupysf.org/ or our events page for details:

http://sfgreenparty.org/events2

*===========================*

Donate online!

We recently switched to a new payment processor, which makes it easier
to donate securely online, while keeping more of our donations going
to help our cause rather than ending up in the hands of Wall Street.

More info is on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/9-donations/34-donate-online

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/volunteer coordinator
Part time independent contractor (1099) position

We recently updated our job ad:
http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted