[SFGP] Greenzine - Endorsements this Wed

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Mon Jun 25 21:23:11 PDT 2012

Dear Greens,

     Sorry about the duplicate message--the previous one was a repeat
of last week's.

     We're planning to start making the easy endorsements for November
(state propositions) at our monthly meeting this Wednesday, 6/27.
We're meeting at El Cafetazo, 3087 16th St, between Mission and
Valencia, from 7-9 pm.

     There are 11 initiatives that have qualified so far, plus we'll
be considering the Restore Hetch Hetchy measure by request. The
propositions that have already qualified for November are online (with
full text) here:
http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/ballot-measures/qualified-ballot-measures.htm

     In summary, there's the "safe clean reliable water" act, an
anti-union measure,yet another attempt to legislate car insurance
regulations, yet another try at changing redistricting, a ban on the
death penalty, reform of "3 strikes," a human trafficking measure,
another business tax reform, a measure requiring GMO labeling (which
the Green Party has already endorsed), and two competing taxes that
claim to support education and early childhood development.

     We'll have a presenter from the Restore Hetch Hetchy campaign, so
please come to ask questions. We're going to try to make endorsements
on as many of the other state props as we can, although we may come
back later for some of the more difficult ones. Please try to read as
many as possible (see the website above) so we can decide what points
to make in our endorsements.

     We're also going to hold a discussion of what kinds of outreach
we should do for the November election.

*===========================*

Donate online!

We recently switched to a new payment processor, which makes it easier
to donate securely online, while keeping more of our donations going
to help our cause rather than ending up in the hands of Wall Street.

More info is on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/9-donations/34-donate-online

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted