[SFGP] Greenzine - anti-war rally TODAY at noon, expanded debates, and more

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Oct 6 11:26:48 PDT 2012

Dear Greens,

     Please join us today for the anti-war rally at the Civic Center
at noon!  Sandra Decker and Barry Hermanson will have a Green Party
banner and will meet by the top of the BART escalator at Market and
Powell.

U.S. death toll passes 2,000 as 11th anniversary of longest war in
U.S. history nears, hundreds of thousands of Afghans killed & wounded,
millions displaced.

San Francisco Rally: Sat. Oct. 6, 12 Noon, Powell & Market Sts.

March: 1 pm to Grand Hyatt Hotel, Sutter & Stockton Sts. in solidarity
with Local 2 workers.

Following the march: Join the Arab Community & Cultural Center
Festival in Union Square.

*===========================*

We've finished making all our endorsements--local, state, and national
endorsements are all posted here:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/39-november-2012-endorsements

Look for full text of our endorsements in about a week.

*===========================*

Watch the expanded Presidential debate on our website:

The Democratic and Republican parties have conspired for years to shut
all other voices out of their Budweiser sponsored-Presidential
debates.

This year, Democracy Now expanded the debate by splicing in real-time
footage of the Green Party's Jill Stein and Justice Party's Rocky
Anderson as they responded to the same questions as the two Wall
Street candidates.  The Libertarian candidate was also invited to
participate, but declined.

Watch the complete debate on our website, as Jill Stein demolishes
Romney for a second time in her political career:

http://sfgreenparty.org/10-campaigns/44-watch-the-expanded-presidential-debate

*===========================*

The Commonwealth Club is sponsoring two events that may be of interest
to Green Party members.

The first, called "Energy and the Election<http://bit.ly/Q174bt>,"
will take place on Tuesday, October 9th at 6pm. We will explore the
important energy issues in this election and the political and energy
choices facing the country.  The second event, called "Tear Down That
Dam?<http://bit.ly/Nt1dMg>" will take place on Monday, October 15th at
6pm.  A measure on the San Francisco ballot will ask voters to
consider a plan that could result in the draining of the Hetch Hetchy
Reservoir. Climate One will host panelists on both sides of the debate
to discuss this and other regional water issues.

(Note that the Green Party did not reach consensus on supporting or
opposing Prop F, the ballot measure discussed above)

*===========================*

California voters can now register Green online, without
mailing anything in!

https://rtv.sos.ca.gov/elections/register-to-vote/

People can register online up until October 22 for the
upcoming election.

*===========================*

Donate online!

We recently switched to a new payment processor, which makes it easier
to donate securely online, while keeping more of our donations going
to help our cause rather than ending up in the hands of Wall Street.

More info is on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/9-donations/34-donate-online

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted