[SFGP] Greenzine - 2nd candidate forum this Thursday

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Mon Sep 17 19:05:03 PDT 2012

Dear Greens,

     Because of a scheduling conflict with some candidates, we are
holding a second forum this Thursday to interview more candidates who
are seeking our endorsement:

Location:  El Cafetazo (3087 16th Street, @ Valencia)
  (we'll meet in the large space in the back of the cafe)

Date:  Thursday, Sep 20
Time:  7-9 pm

The forum is mainly intended for Greens to ask questions of the
candidates, but everybody is welcome to attend regardless of party
affiliation.  Completed questionnaires returned by local
candidates seeking our endorsement are posted on our website:

http://sfgreenparty.org/11-news/42-questionnaires-posted-for-912-candidate-forum

Note that there are a few more posted or updated over the weekend.

More info on the forum is here:
http://sfgreenparty.org/events2/event/bGszbHVuZGliYWtzdmxpbXJ0NG8xOHI1MmMgOG51ZjNhajZ2M2UxNW40a282bGtka2tndWdAZw/1?start=1348192800&end=1348200000

Our endorsements to date are posted here:
http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/39-november-2012-endorsements

For the Supervisorial races, we may issue ranked endorsements.  For
both the College Board and Board of Education races, there are 4 seats open
in this election, so we may endorse multiple candidates.

*===========================*

Contact SF City Hall Today To Support CleanPowerSF & Forward This
Alert Widely!

CleanPowerSF Will Hire Thousands Of Workers To Bring 50% Clean
Electricity To San Francisco By The End Of This Decade

Supervisors Will Vote This Tue Sep 18, So Contact Them Today!

To urge their support of this groundbreaking program, go to:

http://tinyurl.com/8sv3fw4

DETAILS:

On Tuesday, September 18, after 8 years of struggle, study, and
preparation to bring CleanPowerSF online, the Board of Supervisors
will at last be voting on starting the program.

Worsening extreme weather conditions and wildfires, and continuing
high unemployment rates in California and nationwide, have made clear
the need for San Francisco to take a strong lead in hiring the new
workforce necessary to replace outdated fossil fuel energy sources,
with locally installed clean power, as rapidly as possible.

Contact San Francisco's Supervisors and Mayor today to urge their
support of this vital step forward, for our economy and the planet.

See: http://tinyurl.com/8sv3fw4

*===========================*

Donate online!

We recently switched to a new payment processor, which makes it easier
to donate securely online, while keeping more of our donations going
to help our cause rather than ending up in the hands of Wall Street.

More info is on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/9-donations/34-donate-online

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted