[SFGP] January 25, 2013 Greenzine--SFGreen Party weekly newsletter

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Jan 25 22:18:43 PST 2013

Dear Greens,

NEWS:

1. The SF Green Party has endorsed the statement by the SF Labor
Council about the murder of Alan Blueford by Oakland Police Dept.
It calls for the firing of the officer who shot and killed the
unarmed high school student. This letter is excellent!
It is posted at:

http://sfgreenparty.org/issues/49-justice-for-alan-blueford

2. How Green is your Supervisor? The SF Supervisors 2012 Vote Report
Card approved at the Green Party's January meeting is posted on
our website.  We have to live with the results of these votes
this year and for years to come. This is one way we can hold our
supervisors responsible for their actions.  Please share:

http://sfgreenparty.org/issues/50-supe-report-card-2012

SF EVENTS (some Green Party and some not):

1. Celebrate Women, Life and Liberty this Saturday January 26 from 10
am-noon at Justin Herman Plaza in SF. Support Women's Choice. Hear
great speakers including Rose Aguilar, David Campos, Eric Mar, Sandra
Fluke, Malia Cohen and more! Food, music and family activities!

2. More Greens live in the Haight/Dist. 5 than in any other SF district.
SF City Guides has a free (strenuous) walk every Sunday at 11 am. Meet
at the Park Library, 1833 Page St. for a guided walk through the
Haight Ashbury area. www.sfcityguides.org

3. Sunset Community Garden meeting Saturday February 2nd at 10 am. Six
garden plots available. Mike 415-823-9743.

4. AROC--Arab Coalition is having a N. African Forum on Libya Thursday
February 7th, 6:30-8:30 pm. 518 Valencia, SF.  (not sponsored by the
SF Green Party).

The Green Party of California is seeking independent contractors
for a variety of positions:  fundraiser, organizer, and press
secretary.  To get more details, or to apply, see their web page:

http://www.cagreens.org/

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted