[SFGP] Greenzine: Events this weekend, Candidate Forum next Wed evening

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Sep 20 08:48:52 PDT 2013

September 20

NEWS:

The Jill Stein event this last Monday was great!  It was nice to have
an in-depth 3-hour discussion of issues and politics with a
Presidential candidate before a packed house.  Thanks to the organizers
for making it happen and to UNITE HERE for allowing us use of the
space.

ENDORSEMENTS:

At our August monthly meeting, we endorsed NO on Prop A (health trust
fund modification), as well as NO on B and C (condos for
millionaires).  We endorsed YES on Prop D, a statement in favor of
cheaper prescription drugs.  We are writing longer statements about
all of these, which will be posted on our website.

We will be holding a candidate forum at our September meeting next
Wednesday evening (9/25, 7-9 pm).  We may make additional endorsements
in the District 4 (Sunset) Supervisor's race and citywide campaigns.
Our forum will take place in the Community Room at the
Taraval/Parkside Police Station, 2345 24th Ave, in the Sunset.
Returned questionnaires from District 4 candidates will posted on our
website before the forum.  If you are a candidate and need more info,
please email cc at sfgreens.org or call Erika McDonald at 337-1499.

EVENTS:

* Saturday, 9/21, noon:
Environmental and Climate Justice: Draw the Line!

In San Francisco, on September 21, 2013, at noon, environmental
justice and climate activists will convene at the entrance to Heron''s
Head Park with residents of Bayview Hunters Point and Treasure Island
as part of a global day of action to ''Draw The Line'' to highlight
severe local climate crisis impacts that will hit vulnerable
neighborhoods all over the world.

Greenaction for Health and Environmental Justice will join with 350
Bay Area, Treasure Island Health Network, San Francisco Green Party,
Our City, and residents of Bayview Hunters Point and Treasure Island,
to sound a warning on how the dangerous acceleration of climate
warming will impact San Francisco''s local neighborhoods that are most
vulnerable to sea rise caused by climate change. Cities all over the
U.S. and the world will hold similar actions to call attention to
their own looming local climate and sea rise impacts.

More details:
http://sfgreenparty.org/events2/event/NXZtcTliZzNuOXZqdGNtNzNhN292dmJuM2sgOG51ZjNhajZ2M2UxNW40a282bGtka2tndWdAZw/1?start=1379790000&end=1379793600

* Saturday, 9/21, 5-9 pm:  Oakland Greens fundraiser/social/candidate
meet and greet:

Location: 923 57th St (cross streets Market & Adeline; .8 miles from
Ashby BART, near 88, 72, 12, 18 bus lines).

Tickets: $20 at the door, or buy online for $10 (before 6pm on 9/20):
www.oaklandgreensevents.eventbrite.com

More details:

http://sfgreenparty.org/events2/event/aTFzcGsycjFwaWNpMTE1MDBqMDFmMGRsYTQgOG51ZjNhajZ2M2UxNW40a282bGtka2tndWdAZw/1?start=1379808000&end=1379822400

* Saturday, 9/21, 7 pm:  Film Screening

You are cordially invited to an advance screening of The Future of
Energy Film on September 21st, 2013 at 7pm at the Palace of Fine
Arts. Please RSVP to info at thefutureofenergy.org for your complimentary
ticket.

Jill Stein is in the movie!  More info:

http://sfgreenparty.org/events2/event/czJ2NGU5Y20zNWhqaDZiOWZ0aXVpbTk0OWsgOG51ZjNhajZ2M2UxNW40a282bGtka2tndWdAZw/1?start=1379815200&end=1379824200

* Wednesday, 9/25, 7-9 pm:  Candidate forum/additional endorsements.
See Endorsements, above.

The Green Party of California is seeking independent contractors
for a variety of positions: fundraiser, organizer, and press
secretary. To get more details, or to apply, see their web page:
http://www.cagreens.org/

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):
http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted