[SFGP] Greenzine: We need volunteers for Pride Weekend, other events

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Mon Jun 23 09:10:57 PDT 2014

June 23

There are several important events coming up in the next few weeks:

1)  There is an important vote on AB 2145, the fossil fuel monopoly
power grab, in the Senate energy committee today!  Please read
the action below and help us out.

2)  Our monthly meeting is this Wednesday.  The agenda is posted below.
At this meeting we will be signing up volunteers to help us gather
signatures for our initiative to protect Golden Gate Park at upcoming
events such as Pride.  More info on this campaign:
http://sfgreenparty.org/issues/63-fake-turf-wars-by-mike-murphy

3)  We still need volunteers to help with voter outreach at Pride this
coming weekend (where we'll have a booth as well as march in the
parade), the Mime Troupe's opening weekend July 4 in Dolores Park, and
the North Mission Street Fair on July 5.  See detailed descriptions of
these events below.  If you can't attend the meeting this Wed, but
would like to help, please email us at cc at sfgreens.org.

All events are also on the Events calendar on our website:
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/events2

*===========================*

Help save Clean Energy:

Today's vote on AB 2145 could break the clean energy movement in
California. So take this action and then cut and paste the text just
below to share and tweet it with -every- Californian you can contact!

URGENT Use This Tool To Call Sen. Padilla To Save Clean Energy From
Fossil Fuel Bill AB 2145 & SHARE/TWEET THIS MESSAGE!
http://http://act.credoaction.com/call/save_community_choice_padilla

*===========================*

Monthly Meeting, June 25 from 7-9 pm
Meetings are now held in our new office space in the Redstone Building!
2940 16th Street #302 (between South Van Ness and 16th St BART)

Agenda for Wednesday

Organizing for voter outreach - Pride, Mime Troupe and other events in
the next few weeks. (30 minutes) Please bring information about events
you are planning to attend.

Post election analysis (20 minutes)

Wild Equity - Resolution to oppose any final Significant Natural
Resource Areas Management Plan Environmental Impact Report that
contains the Sharp Park Golf Course Redevelopment Project (A18).  (30
minutes)

GPCA Plenary report back (15 minutes)

Pier 70 November ballot measure - Union Iron Works Historic District
Housing, Waterfront Parks, Jobs and Preservation Initiative (20
minutes) - Tim Hester will make a brief presentation and ask for an
early endorsement by the SFGP.

*===========================*

Pride Weekend June 28-29:

Join the SF Green Party at our booth 10-6 pm June 28 & 29 for the
annual Pride Celebration.  Booth located on Larkin St. near Grove;
between Grove and Market St.  We need volunteers for the event!
Register voters, educate, grow the Green Party, and raise money, and
get our initiative to save Golden Gate Park on the ballot.  Please
RSVP to let us know when you can help: cc at sfgreens.org

On Sunday, we'll march with the Chelsea Manning contingent, in support
of the heroic whistleblower.  Greens are also invited to march with
the David Campos contingent, since we've endorsed him for the AD17
election this November.

*===========================*

Take a break from the Pride celebration to attend a forum on "MTA Muni
Workers, Union Busting and the Right To Strike," at the Main Library
on June 28 at 1:30 pm.

*===========================*

Voter outreach at Mime Troupe opening weekend:
July 4 from 1-4 pm
19th Street and Dolores St

Help us register new Greens and get our initiative to protect Golden
Gate Park from toxic astroturf on the ballot!  We'll be at the Mime
Troupe's opening weekend in Dolores Park, July 4-6; email if you can
help out cc at sfgreens.org.

*===========================*

Voter outreach at North Mission Street Fair:
July 5 from 11 am to 5 pm
Capp St and 16th St

Help us register new Greens and collect signatures for our ballot
initiative to protect Golden Gate Park.  Email cc at sfgreens.org if you
can help out.

North Mission Labor/Community Street Fair
Fight for $15 Minimum Wage

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted