[SFGP] Greenzine: Party to help protect Golden Gate Park, Volunteer for Pride

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Mon Jun 16 19:13:23 PDT 2014

June 16

     Good news on both ballot initiative campaigns that we've been
supporting!  The $15/hr minimum wage initiative will be on this
November's ballot, even though a compromise pushed by Mayor Lee will
delay full implementation until 2018.  And our campaign to preserve
natural grass athletic fields in Golden Gate Park is making news
and picking up momentum!

     Our former Supervisorial candidate, Mike Murphy, also wrote a
great article about the need to save Golden Gate Park from privatization
and commercial development:
http://sfgreenparty.org/issues/63-fake-turf-wars-by-mike-murphy

     Come to a house party at Green County Council member Denise
D'Anne's house this Wednesday evening to help support the campaign:
351 Guerrero Street, between 15th/16th St
6:30-8:30 pm, Wed 6/18
Details here:
http://sfgreenparty.org/events2/event/OGNqaGZpYWxwa2t0ZjgwZDMwZXZlbjRkM28gOG51ZjNhajZ2M2UxNW40a282bGtka2tndWdAZw/1?start=1403141400&end=1403148600

*===========================*

Pride Weekend June 28-29: Save the dates!

Join the SF Green Party at our booth 10-6 pm June 28 & 29 for the
annual Pride Celebration. Booth located on Larkin St. near Grove;
between Grove and Market St. We need volunteers for the event!
Register voters, educate, grow the Green Party, and raise
money. Please RSVP to let us know when you can help: cc at sfgreens.org

On Sunday, we'll march with the Chelsea Manning contingent, in support
of the heroic whistleblower.  Greens are also invited to march with
the David Campos contingent, since we've endorsed him for the AD17
election this November.

Take a break from the Pride celebration to attend a forum on "MTA Muni
Workers, Union Busting and the Right To Strike," at the Main Library
on June 28 at 1:30 pm.

More info is on our events calendar:
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/events2

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted