[SFGP] Greenzine: Green Voter Guide posted, upcoming talks and events

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Oct 16 10:09:54 PDT 2014

October 16

    We're mailing out our slate card today, so look for it in
the mail early next week.  Our complete Voter Guide (with long
explanations for all our endorsements) is now posted online:

http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/64-november-2014-endorsements

    Please share with others, especially our arguments regarding
NO on Prop A, and YES on H / NO on I.  With the Bay Guardian being
shut down, spreading the word about our Voter Guide is more important
than ever!

    We have a meeting next Wednesday night from 7-9 (see below) at the
Redstone Building.  We have 5,000 more copies of our slate card to
hand out, and we'll be planning events for the last weeks of the
campaigns, as well as having a presentation and discussion about the
Natural Areas Program and eucalyptus trees with Dee Seligman.

*===========================*

Town Hall Meeting with Senator Bernie Sanders
Where: Unitarian Universalist Church, 1187 Franklin St, SF
When: Friday, 10/17, 7-9 pm

Join U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders & local community leaders for a Town
Hall meeting to discuss how we can:

* Overturn Citizens United
* Deal with obscene wealth & income inequality
* Combat Climate Change
* Win Medicare for All Single Payer Healthcare
* Create Democracy, not Oligarchy

Greens will be handing out our slate cards prior to the meeting.

*===========================*

Voter outreach at Potrero Hill Festival
Where: 20th St between Wisconsin and Missouri, SF
When: Saturday, 10/18, 11 am-4 pm

We will be talking with voters and handing out voter guides at the
Potrero Hill Festival.  Email cc at sfgreens.org or call Barry Hermanson
at 255-9494 if you can help.

*===========================*

Voter outreach at Sunday Streets
Where: Valencia St between 16th and 17th, SF
When: Sunday, 10/19, 11 am-4 pm

We will be handing out slate cards and talking with voters at Sunday
Streets.  We will have a table set up on Valencia St between 16th and
17th St.  If you can help out, email cc at sfgreens.org, or call Barry at
255-9494.

*===========================*

Dennis Kucinich talk
Where: The Women's Building Auditorium, 3543 18th St, SF
When: Sunday, 10/19, 3-5 pm

Bay Area Coalition against Unconstitutional and Unlawful Wars presents...
An Urgent meeting of peace-makers
Featuring the former 8-term Congressman Dennis Kucinich speaking on

* Challenging lawless new wars in Iraq and Syria and the scourge of
  endless presidential war-making.
* Remembering 1914 and "War to end War."
* Weighing what we the people can do for peace.

*===========================*

Single Payer Now! protest at Clinton/Pelosi fundraiser
Where: Outside the Fairmont Hotel, 950 Mason St, SF
When: Monday, 10/20, 10 am-noon

Hillary Clinton and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi will headline
"the ultimate women's power lunch" Oct 20 to raise money for the
Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.  Poor people are not
welcome, as tickets are $500+

Single Payer Now! will protest outside the Fairmont Hotel.

*===========================*

Monthly Green Party Meeting
Where: Redstone Building Rm 302, 2940 16th Street, SF
When: Wednesday, 10/22, 7-9 pm

This month, our agenda is:

1) A presentation from Dee Seligman on the City's Natural Areas
   Program, particularly on the subject of eucalyptus trees (20-30
   min, starting at 7:30)

2) Planning for the last two weeks of campaigning.  Come with a list
   of events you know about, want to plan, or know days you can
   volunteer.  We still have thousands of our slate cards to walk and
   hand out.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome. To make a presentation or gain the SFGP
endorsement of events and issues, please contact our SFGP County
Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

Campaign events with our endorsed D2 Supervisorial Candidate
Juan-Antonio Carballo:

Candidate "meet and greet" events at parks (with snacks/drinks):
* MOUNTAIN LAKE PARK - Picnic Area @Play Area @12th Ave:1 table - Sun Oct
  19 11AM.
* ALLYNE PARK - Lawns - Sat Oct 25, 10 AM
* MOSCONE RECREATION CENTER - Picnic Area at Diamond 1 - Sat Nov 1 10AM.

Bike with the Candidate Events (with coffee):
* CORNER OF FILBERT AND FILLMORE (potential change) - Sun Oct 19, 9AM
* CORNER OF FILBERT AND FILLMORE (potential change) - Sun Oct 26, 9AM
* CORNER OF FILBERT AND FILLMORE (potential change) - Sun Nov 2, 9AM

Look for updates on his Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/CarballoForD2Supervisor

The Yes on H / No on I campaign stilll needs volunteers for events
between now and the election!

Look for updates on their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/SF-Ocean-Edge/111836095502755
or website: http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoceanedge/

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted