[SFGP] Greenzine: candidate forum / endorsement meeting tonight, 6-9 pm

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Wed Aug 26 09:04:34 PDT 2015

Aug 26

    Our candidate forum / endorsement meeting is tonight, and we're
starting at 6 pm!  See our announcement below.

    Also, for KPFA members, we've endorsed the United for Community
Radio slate of candidates for the upcoming station board elections
(http://www.unitedforcommunityradio.org/).  If you want to vote online
and save the station money, you can sign up to vote online here:

http://elections.pacifica.org/wordpress/vote-online/

*===========================*

What:  Candidate forum and endorsement meeting
When:  Wed, Aug 26, 6-9 pm
Where:  Redstone Building, 2940 16th Street, at S Van Ness Ave, Room #302

We emailed questionnaires to all candidates for Supervisor, Mayor, and
College Board who gave their contact info to the Department of
Elections.  We have invited all candidates who return completed
questionnaires on time to speak and answer questions at our candidate
forum and endorsement meeting, on Wednesday, August 26 from 6-9 pm
(note new start time).  This forum is open to the public, and
everybody is invited!  Our forum and endorsement meeting will take
place in room 302 of Redstone Building, located at 2940 16th Street
(between Mission and South Van Ness, 1 block from 16th St BART).

We've already made early endorsements of Francisco Herrera for Mayor
and Ross Mirkarimi for Sheriff.  We will consider endorsing other
candidates and ballot propositions at this meeting.

Ballot propositions and their text are on the Department of Elections
website, and linked from our website (see below).  We'll have outside
presenters for some of the more difficult ones, and have shorter
discussions on others.

We received the questionnaires from the following candidates seeking
our endorsement.  Please read them before the meeting so you can
follow up on anything of particular interest.

Mayoral candidates: Amy Farah Weiss, Reed Martin (write-in)

College Board candiates: Wendy Aragon, Alex Randolph, Tom Temprano, Jason Zeng

Supervisor: No candidates from District 3 are seeking our endorsement.

  All questionnaires and initiatives are linked from our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/2-uncategorised/71-candidate-forum-on-august-26