[SFGP] Greenzine: MLK events and upcoming Green Party meetings

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Jan 15 10:46:27 PST 2015

January 15

     Happy New Year!  We encourage Greens to participate in several
marches and rallies for this Martin Luther King Jr holiday:

Monday, Jan 19 - March in Oakland, at the Fruitvale BART station,
  organized by Black Lives Matter.  Meet at Fruitvale BART at 11 am.

ANSWER is also organizing/joining two rallies in SF:

Saturday, Jan 17 - Speak-out at noon at 24th & Mission BART,
  followed by a march at 1 pm.

Monday, Jan 17 - participate in the SF MLK Day Parade, meet at
  11 am at the CalTrain Station (4th and King in SF).

*===========================*

    The Green Party's lawsuit against California's "Top Two"
primary system, which virtually eliminates Green ballot access
in partisan elections, is moving forward with another court date
today.  Follow this site for updates:

  http://www.restorevoterchoice.org/

*===========================*

    Our monthly meeting for January will be held on Wed, January 28,
from 7-9 pm in the Redstone Building room 302.  We will set the final
agenda next week, but one thing we'll be working on is our annual
legislative report card for the Board of Supervisors.  Here's an
example we made last year:

  http://www.sfgreenparty.org/issues/60-sf-supervisors-report-card-2013

    Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more! Everyone welcome. To make a presentation or gain the SFGP
endorsement of events and issues, please contact our SFGP County
Council at: cc at sfgreens.org.  Meetings are now held in our new office
space in the Redstone Building! 2940 16th Street #302, San Francisco.

*===========================*

    The Green Party of California is meeting on Jan 24-25 in Monterey
County (home of the Green Party Mayor of Marina CA, Bruce Delgado).
The event will be at the Monterey College of Law in Seaside.  More
info, and the agenda, are here: http://www.cagreens.org/ga/2015-01

    If you're interested in going as a delegate from SF, or just
attending, email cc at sfgreens.org for more info.

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted