[SFGP] Greenzine: election analysis and planning tonight

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Wed Nov 18 08:57:15 PST 2015

November 18

    We'll be analyzing the results of the November election
at our meeting tonight.  We'll also be planning for how we might build
a SF Progressive Alliance modeled on Richmond's.  Details below:

What: Green Party Monthly Meeting and Election Analysis
When: Wed, November 18, 7-9 pm
Where: The Redstone Building, 2940 16th Street #302, SF

Because of the Thanksgiving holiday, this month's meeting will be a
week early, on the 3rd Wednesday instead of the 4th.  We'll be
analyzing the results of the SF election in detail, and planning for
how we might build a SF Progressive Alliance modeled on Richmond's,
at a larger organizing meeting next year.

In the last several elections, SF progressive groups have squandered
electoral opportunities by foolishly opposing each other in cases like
this year's College Board race, when discussions prior to making
endorsements might have cleared up misunderstandings.  Greens think we
need to follow the model of Richmond CA, in which Greens, progressive
Democrats, and other like-minded voters organized together in a solid,
long-term alliance well in advance of individual elections.  The
Richmond Progressive Alliance swept Chevron-backed candidates in 2014
elections, despite being vastly outspent.

For those of you who are KPFA members, this is a reminder that the SF
Green Party has endorsed the United for Community Radio slate of
candidates for the station board.  Voting in the board election runs
through early December.

http://www.unitedforcommunityradio.org/

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted