[SFGP] Greenzine: volunteers needed for Haight St Fair and Pride

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Jun 10 09:21:32 PDT 2016

June 10

    Jill Stein overwhelmingly won the California Green Party
presidential primary this past Tuesday, and is now our presumptive
nominee for President!  She reached out to Bernie Sanders supporters
on CNN, saying that she wants them to "know that there's a plan B here
to continue to fight that revolution."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/08/politics/jill-stein-bernie-sanders-supporters/

    Jill's outreach to Bernie Sanders supporters was also covered on
Democracy Now:
http://www.democracynow.org/2016/6/9/jill_stein_to_bernie_sanders_run

    Many Greens re-registered as Democrats or No Party Preference in
order to be able to vote for Bernie Sanders in the Democratic Primary.
We need you back!  We are conducting our biggest Green Party voter
registration drive in 20 years, in order to build a strong third party
alternative to politics as usual (both in SF and around the country).

    We have great national as well as local candidates (Francisco
Herrera is running as Green for Supervisor in D11, and we expect to
endorse other strong candidates this Fall).  We had a great event last
weekend in the Excelsior, with candidates Jill Stein, Barry Hermanson,
and Francisco Herrera leading a merchant walk (see pictures on Jill
Stein's Facebook page).  Please help us re-build the party by
volunteering at the Haight Street fair this Sunday, or Pride in two
weeks (see details below):

*===========================*

What:  Jobs for Justice House Party
Where:  Barry Hermanson's house, 2467 28th Avenue, SF, near Taraval
When:  Saturday, June 11, 1-3 pm

Greens congratulate Barry for running a principled campaign for
Congress!  Unfortunately, although votes are still being counted, it
appears he'll be excluded from our November ballot by California's
undemocratic "Top Two" primary system.

This weekend, join Barry Hermanson, Gordon Mar, Peter Olney, Maureen
Dugan, Sheila Tully, Conny Ford, Ken Tray and Erica Zweig, as they
celebrate their work with Jobs with Justice SF, an alliance of labor
and community organizations working together to build a strong
movement for economic and social justice.

*===========================*

What:  Haight St Fair
Where:  South Side of Haight St between Ashbury & Clayton, SF
When:  Sunday, June 12, 10:30 am - 6 pm

We need volunteers this Sunday to help staff our table, talk about
our local and national campaigns, and register new Greens!
Our booth location is B19S, on the south side of Haight btw Ashbury &
Clayton.  The fair runs from 11-6, and we also need volunteers to set
up at 10:30 am and break down between 6 and 6:30 pm.  Please email
cc at sfgreens.org if you can help!

*===========================*

What:  Pride Celebration
Where:  Civic Center SF, booth location TBA
When:  Sat-Sun, June 25-26

We will need volunteers for both Saturday and Sunday at the Pride
celebration in the Civic Center!  Help staff our table, talk about
our local and national campaigns, and register new Greens!  We
will need volunteers all day on both days, including setting up
and taking down our booth.  The booth location is TBA, but will
probably be in the same location as last year, right next to the
main Library.  Please email cc at sfgreens.org if you can help!

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted