[SFGP] Greenzine: Another Jill Stein visit, SF Green Voter Guide published

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Oct 21 01:26:39 PDT 2016

October 21

    Jill Stein is back in the Bay Area this weekend, so if you missed
her last time you can see her in Berkeley on Saturday.  Also, our
monthly meeting is next Wednesday.  Details for both events (and many
others) are below.

    Early voting has started!  We've printed out thousands of
bookmark-sized Green Voter Guides listing our endorsed candidates and
propositions, and we need help distributing them to voters.  If you
can help, please email cc at sfgreens.org.  You can take some for your
friends or to give out at transit stops and other locations with foot
traffic.

A complete Green Voter Guide with the reasons behind our endorsements,
and an image of our bookmark, are now posted on our website:

  http://www.sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/75-november-2016-endorsements

We will mailing our voter guide to all Green voters in SF; if you can
help with that effort, please donate on our website!

*===========================*

What:  #NoWarWithRussia Rally SF
Where:  Civic Center Plaza, SF
When:  Sat, 10/22, noon

Ali Salaam is a grassroots organizer for the global No War With Russia
rallies.  He has organized a rally in SF this Saturday at noon at
Civic Center Plaza.

Greens will be there with Jill Stein fliers and window signs, so stop
by to pick some up!

RSVP on Facebook and spread the word:
https://www.facebook.com/events/202892376812023/

*===========================*

What:  Jill Stein Rally
Where:  The Berkeley City Club, 2315 Durant Ave, Berkeley, California
When:  Sat, 10/22, 6 pm

Please join us for Jill's last Bay Area Rally for 2016!  Come dressed
in your favorite Stein/Baraka gear & get ready to celebrate!

SPEAKERS: Dr. Jill Stein, Ramy Khalil, David Cobb, Kor Element, YahNe
Ndgo, A.J. Hill, and Erik Rydberg

BART: We encourage everyone to take BART if possible.  Downtown
Berkeley Station is 10 short minutes away from the venue by foot.

CAR: Limited street parking & fee lots are available in the area.

VENUE: Only 1 block from campus, Berkeley City Club serves UC Berkeley
for events and hotel.  It has a buzzer at the door - proceed to the
Second Floor, turn left for the event room, ballroom door on right
hand side.  This building has a downstairs theater and there will be a
play in progress during our rally, so we ask attendees to be
respectful with noise while entering and exiting the building. No
outside food permitted at the venue.  Berkeley City Club (BCC) was
built in 1929 and served as a Women's Club for 36 years.ADA compliant
entrance available.  Elevator on premises.

We recommend people start arriving around 5:30 pm-5:45 pm.  Event
starts at 6 pm.

https://greennewworldevent.com/

*===========================*

What:  District 11 Candidate Forum
Where:  Church of the Epiphany, 827 Vienna St (near Geneva), SF
When:  Sat, 10/22, 6:30 pm

Francisco Herrera, our Green Candidate for D11 Supervisor, and other
candidates will participate in two candidate forums / meet and greet
events at Catholic churches.

The first one will take place at Church of the Epiphany on October
22nd at 6:30 pm; the other one will take place on Sunday, October 30th
at 12:30 pm at the Church of Corpus Christi.

*===========================*

What:  Green Party monthly meeting
Where:  Redstone Building, 2940 16th Street #301 (near South Van Ness)
When:  Wed, 10/26, 7-9 pm

Agenda for this month:

* We finally have handouts, bumper stickers, and house signs for Jill
  Stein!  We also have thousands of our printed Green Voter Guides
  (bookmark sized) for San Francisco.  Please come by and pick some up
  for yourself or to distribute.

* Francisco Herrera (our candidate for D11 Supervisor) has some
  precincts that need walking.  He will be there with literature and
  precinct maps.  Stop by and take a precinct.  Experienced precinct
  walkers will be available to walk with and help out new volunteers.

* Help plan our election night celebration and other post-election
  events.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome. To make a presentation or gain the SFGP
endorsement of events and issues, please contact our SFGP County
Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What:  First They Came For Our Homes... Together We Fight Back!
Where:  24th BART Station, SF
When:  Thurs, 10/27, 6-7:30 pm

First They Came For Our Homes... Together We Fight Back!
Art, Music, Creative Action for Housing Justice

Join the San Francisco Anti-Displacement Coalition, Coalition on
Homelessness, housed and unhoused residents, friends and neighbors in
saying YES to Homes for All and NO to realtor-backed and hate-filled
propositions that degrade our right to housing and the city.  NO on
Prop P, U, Q and R!!!

*===========================*

What:  District 11 Candidate Forum
Where:  Church of Corpus Christi, 62 Santa Rosa Ave (Near Mission), SF
When:  Sun, 10/30, 12:30 pm

Francisco Herrera, our Green Candidate for D11 Supervisor, and other
candidates will participate in two candidate forums / meet and greet
events at Catholic churches.

The first one will take place at Church of the Epiphany on October
22nd at 6:30 pm; the other one will take place on Sunday, October 30th
at 12:30 pm at the Church of Corpus Christi.

*===========================*

What:  Tabling for Jill Stein
Where:  CCSF and SF State
When:  Wednesdays at CCSF; Fridays at SF State

Volunteers for Jill Stein are doing voter outreach every Wednesday at
CCSF, at the traffic light on Phelan Ave closest to Ocean Ave between
2:30-4:30pm, and every other Friday at SF State on the corner of 19th
and Holloway from 2-4 pm.

Please email Mario at mmeresbang at gmail.com to confirm times
and locations.

*===========================*

What:  Francisco Herrera campaigning
Where:  District 11, various locations
When:  Every day, 4-8 pm, and Thursdays 10 am-noon

Francisco Herrera's campaign for District 11 Supervisor is having
daily events, for which he needs volunteers.  From 4-6 pm every day,
Francisco and his volunteers are holding "office hours" in order to be
more visible in the district.  From 6-8 pm every day (and Thursday
mornings from 10 am-noon), they'll be walking precincts in the Excelsior,
Crocker-Amazon, Ingleside, Oceanview, and Outer Mission neighborhoods.

Francisco writes:

  I would like to thank everyone who came and supported our rally on
  10/6 with Jill Stein.  It was a complete success and opened the
  door for what is coming for district elections.  As the only Green
  Party candidate for miles, I humbly request the support of all
  Greens to join our people-powered effort to do door-knocking, phone
  calling, and having a presence at BART and Muni bus stops.  Or
  simply by sending a donation of $11 for D11 (or multiples of $11).

Please call Francisco's campaign at 415-240-1697, or visit his website
to make a donation:  http://www.francisco4supe.org/

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted