[SFGP] Greenzine: Voter Guide released, videos from Jill Stein visit

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Oct 14 09:39:27 PDT 2016

October 14

    Thanks to everybody who made it to our event in the Mission last
week with Jill Stein and Francisco Herrera (our candidate for District
11 Supervisor).

For anybody who couldn't make it, videos of speeches made by Jill and
Francisco at the event are posted on our website:

  http://www.sfgreenparty.org/10-campaigns/77-october-6-events-with-jill-stein-francisco-herrera

Francisco writes:

  I would like to thank everyone who came and supported this event. It
  was a complete success and opened the door for what is coming for
  district elections.  As the only Green Party candidate for miles, I
  humbly request the support of all Greens to join our people-powered
  effort to do door-knocking, phone calling, and having a presence at
  BART and Muni bus stops. Or simply by sending a donation of $11 for
  D11 (or multiples of $11).

Please call Francisco's campaign at 415-240-1697, or visit his website
to make a donation:  http://www.francisco4supe.org/

    Early voting has started!  We have printed out thousands of
bookmark-sized Green Voter Guides listing our endorsed candidates and
propositions, and we need help distributing them to voters.  If you
can help, please email cc at sfgreens.org.  You can take some for your
friends or to give out at transit stops and other locations with
foot traffic.

A complete list of our endorsements, and an image of our bookmark,
are on our website:

  http://www.sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/75-november-2016-endorsements

We will soon be mailing our voter guide to all Green voters in SF, as
well as posting a much longer explanation of all our endorsements on
our website (at the same link).

*===========================*

What:  Tabling for Jill Stein at Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival
Where:  429 Main St, Half Moon Bay, CA
When:  Saturday, Oct 15, 9 am-5 pm

Join South Bay organizers for Jill Stein at this fantastic event to
celebrate the Fall and learn about Jill Stein and the Green Party's
principle in putting people, planet and peace above profit.  If you'd
like to volunteer with us at our table please message us, you can stop
by anytime, remember to wear your green swag.  We will be set up near
the Zipline on Main Street!

More info is here:

http://www.jill2016.com/nassim/tabling_for_jill_at_the_half_moon_bay_pumpkin_festivalz

*===========================*

What:  Voter Outreach at Sunday Streets
Where:  Excelsior District, Mission near Santa Rosa, SF
When:  Sunday, Oct 16, 11-4 pm

We will be doing voter outreach at Sunday Streets this weekend for
Jill Stein and Francisco Herrera.  We need volunteers; please email
cc at sfgreens.org if you can join us.  We will have a large booth with
signs and literature for all our endorsed candidates, as well as our
Green Voter Guides to hand out.  We will also have petitions to Recall
Ed Lee.  Come pick up a window sign or bumper sticker to show your
support for Jill Stein!

Our booth will be on Mission Street, a few blocks north of Ocean Ave
(near Santa Rosa).

*===========================*

What:  Ralph Nader book tour
Where:  City Lights Bookstore, 261 Columbus Ave, SF
When:  Tuesday, Oct 18, 7 pm

Our 2000 Presidential candidate, Ralph Nader, will be in town next
week to speak about his new book - Breaking Through Power: It's Easier
Than We Think.

In Breaking Through Power, Nader draws from a lifetime waging - and
often winning - David vs. Goliath battles against big corporations and
the United States government.  This is classic Ralph Nader, a
crystallization of the core political beliefs and commitments that
have driven his lifetime of advocacy for greater democracy.

*===========================*

What:  Tabling for Jill Stein
Where:  CCSF and SF State
When:  Wednesdays at CCSF; Fridays at SF State

Volunteers for Jill Stein are doing voter outreach every Wednesday at
CCSF, at the traffic light on Phelan Ave closest to Ocean Ave between
2:30-4:30pm, and every other Friday at SF State on the corner of 19th
and Holloway from 2-4 pm.

Please email Mario at mmeresbang at gmail.com to confirm times
and locations.

*===========================*

What:  Francisco Herrera campaigning
Where:  District 11, various locations
When:  Every day, 4-8 pm, and Thursdays 10 am-noon

Francisco Herrera's campaign for District 11 Supervisor is having
daily events, for which he needs volunteers.  From 4-6 pm every day,
Francisco and his volunteers are holding "office hours" in order to be
more visible in the district.  From 6-8 pm every day (and Thursday
mornings from 10 am-noon), they'll be walking precincts in the Excelsior,
Crocker-Amazon, Ingleside, Oceanview, and Outer Mission neighborhoods.

If you can help, call Francisco's campaign at 415-240-1697.

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted