[SFGP] Greenzine: complete endorsements and upcoming events

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Sep 10 18:02:20 PDT 2016

September 10

    We've made endorsement decisions on all propositions and
candidates for this November's ballot.  Those are posted on our
website, and we will post a complete voter guide with longer
explanations as the election gets closer:
http://www.sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/75-november-2016-endorsements

*===========================*

What:  Voter Outreach at Sunday Streets
Where:  Fillmore St near Steiner
When:  Sunday, 9/11, 12-2 pm

We will be doing voter outreach this Sunday at Sunday Streets.  Barry
Hermanson and other Greens will be handing out literature and speaking
with voters on Fillmore near Steiner.  If you can't find us, give
Barry a call at 415-255-9494.

*===========================*

What:  Meetups for Jill Stein supporters
Where:  Various locations (see below)
When:  Wed and Thurs, 9/14-9/15

The group "Sanders Supporters for Jill Stein" (formerly "Bay Area
4 Sanders") is holding several organizing meetings later this week.
For more info on events this week, visit this page:
http://www.meetup.com/Bay4JillStein/

*===========================*

What:  Fair Vote reception in SF
Where:  111 Minna Gallery, near 2nd St in SOMA
When:  Wed, 9/14, 6-8 pm

This November, Mainers will vote on whether to become the first state to
adopt ranked choice voting to elect their Governor, U.S. Senators, Members
of Congress, and State Legislature. Put on the ballot by a remarkable team
of volunteers and with a broad coalition of support, Question 5 is ahead in
the polls -- and can win. Watch and share this great new video
<http://www.fairvote.org/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FIVN%2Fvideos%2F10153216413332465%2F&e=b8c169f46ec14808aa1773a1d7e4413c&utm_source=fairvote&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=event_ca_me2016&n=2>
from the Independent Voter Network in support of the initiative.

FairVote is organizing receptions and presentations in California on
September 13th and 14th from 6-8 pm. This is your chance to learn more
about the remarkable story in Maine and make a donation to the Committee
for Ranked Choice Voting, which is leading the campaign. We'll explain
what's happening in Maine, how it could transform Maine politics, and
lessons for California. Those on hand will include leaders of the Maine
campaign, FairVote and FairVote California, and reform allies like Lenny
Mendonca and Matt Gonzalez. We'd love to see you at one of these events!

Wednesday, September 14th from 6-8pm at Minna Gallery, hosted by Matt
Gonzalez. RSVP here
<http://www.fairvote.org/help_win_ranked_choice_voting_statewide_in_maine_september_14?e=b8c169f46ec14808aa1773a1d7e4413c&utm_source=fairvote&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=event_ca_me2016&n=4>.

What:  Save the Date, Super-rally with Jill Stein and Francisco Herrera
When:  Thursday, October 6 (note date change!)

We are organizing a super rally with Jill Stein and local Green Party
candiates, featuring Francisco Herrera, our candidate for District 11
Supervisor.  Locations and times for events are still being finalized,
so please save the date!