[SFGP] Greenzine: Jill Stein visiting SF next Thursday!

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Sep 29 21:44:26 PDT 2016

September 29

    We're hoping for a huge turnout next Thursday as we welcome our
Presidential candidate, Jill Stein, to SF!  Reserve your free ticket
to the event at the link below, and please invite your friends.
Details for other upcoming events, starting this weekend, are also
listed below.

What:  Revolutionary Politics, Poetry & Music with Jill Stein
  and Francisco Herrera
Where:  The Chapel, 777 Valencia St, SF
When:  Thurs, Oct 6, 6-10 pm

Join us for an evening of Revolutionary Poetry, Music, and Politics
with the Green Party Presidential Candidate, Dr. Jill Stein, and our
Green candidate for the SF Board of Supervisors District 11, Francisco
Herrera, at The Chapel, 777 Valencia St in SF.  Local (and some
not-so-local) luminaries will light up The Chapel stage October 6,
2016 from 6-10pm (Doors at 5pm).  Both Jill Stein and Francisco
Herrera will speak.

People of ALL AGES are welcome!  Food and drink will be available for
purchase.

Revolutionary Politics in The Chapel:
Francisco Herrera
Dr. Jill Stein

Poetry in The Chapel:
Revolutionary Poets Brigade and the Juana Briones Cultural Committee -
Jack Hirschmann (Poet Laureate)
Agneta Falk
Dorothy Payne
Alejandro Murgu (Poet Laureate)
Jorge Argueta

Music in The Chapel:
Brian Belknap
Old School Kollective (OSK)
Equipto

More info, and to reserve your free ticket:
http://sfgreenparty.org/10-campaigns/77-october-6-events-with-jill-stein-francisco-herrera

And for those who can't get enough of Jill Stein, she's appearing at
another fundraiser in Oakland earlier the same day!  For more details,
visit https://greennewworldevent.com/

Jill will speak first at the Oakland event, probably about mid-way
through, then take BART over to SF to speak at the Chapel.

*===========================*

What:  Voter outreach at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
Where:  Transverse Drive at JFK, Golden Gate Park, SF
When:  Sat, Oct 1, 9 am - 5 pm

Join us to raise enthusiasm for Jill Stein and other Green-endorsed
candidates at SF's biggest free party, the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
Festival!  The festival has a great lineup and we expect hundreds of
thousands of music fans.

We will meet at the intersection of JFK Dr at Transverse Dr. (Look for
Jill 2016 signage.)  On JFK Dr, Transverse Dr is approximately 1/8
mile west of Hwy 1 (19th Ave) as it meanders through the park.

Join us for all or some of the day!  If you want to take a break
and listen to music, come volunteer as you have time.

We recommend you bring a camp chair, water, lunch, and sunscreen.

Contact info, in case you need more directions or help finding us:
Barry Hermanson: 415-255-9494
Mike Murphy: 415-823-9743
Bob Jung: 650-450-8699

The festival will go on through Sunday, although it looks like it
might rain(!).  If you can only join us on Sunday, please contact any
of the people above to coordinate.

More info:
http://www.jill2016.com/berniebob/tabling_for_jill_stein_at_hardly_strictly_bluegrass

*===========================*

What:  Francisco Herrera fundraiser
Where:  Charlie's Deli Cafe, 3202 Folsom St (at Precita), SF
When:  Sat, Oct 1, 1-3 pm

Help support Francisco Herrera's campaign for District 11 Supervisor!
Francisco will be holding a gathering and fundraiser at Charlie's Deli
Cafe, near Precita Park in SF, on Saturday from 1-3 pm.

*===========================*

What:  Voter Outreach at the Castro Street Fair
Where:  Castro and Market St, SF
When:  Sun, Oct 2, 11 am - 4 pm

Please join us as we spread the word about Jill Stein's appearance in
SF next Thursday, as well as local endorsed candidates including our
Green candidate for Supervisor in District 11, Francisco Herrera.
Barry Hermanson will coordinate our voter outreach efforts, provided
we have some volunteers!  If you can help, call Barry at 415-255-9494.

*===========================*

What:  Francisco Herrera campaigning
Where:  District 11, various locations
When:  Every day, 4-8 pm, and Thursdays 10 am-noon

Francisco Herrera's campaign for District 11 Supervisor is having
daily events, for which he needs volunteers.  From 4-6 pm every day,
Francisco and his volunteers are holding "office hours" in order to be
more visible in the district.  From 6-8 pm every day (and Thursday
mornings from 10 am-noon), they'll be walking precincts in the Excelsior,
Crocker-Amazon, Ingleside, Oceanview, and Outer Mission neighborhoods.

If you can help, call Francisco at 415-812-9352.

*===========================*

What:  Save the Date: Voter Outreach at Sunday Streets
Where:  Excelsior District, location TBA
When:  Sunday, Oct 16, 11-4 pm

We will be doing voter outreach at Sunday Streets for Jill Stein and
Francisco Herrera.  We need volunteers; please email cc at sfgreens.org
if you can join us.  The exact location of our booth is still to be
determined.

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted