[SFGP] Greenzine: upcoming marches and other events

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Apr 14 18:05:53 PDT 2017

April 14

    April is the month for Marches!  Please join us this month as we
march for Transparent Government, Science, and the Environment.  We
will meet as usual on the fourth Wed, April 26, from 7-9 at our office
in the Redstone Building.  We are also preparing for a big event on
May Day!  Details for all of these events are below.

    Also, follow our Twitter feed for last minute details about
spontaneous protests that are organized in response to whatever crimes
Donald Trump or Ed Lee are committing on any given day.

*===========================*

What:  Tax March
Where:  Civic Center Plaza, SF
When:  Sat, April 15, 1 pm

On Saturday April 15th, we march to demand that Donald Trump, the 45th
President of the United States, release his tax returns.

1 pm - Organizational booths in Civic Center open up to the public

2 pm - Rally in front of Civic Center with special guests, Pulitzer
  Prize winning investigative journalist David Cay Johnston, city
  supervisor Jane Kim, and the Trump Chicken

3 pm - March down Market Street

More info:
https://www.taxmarchsf.org/

*===========================*

What:  March for Science
Where:	Justin Herman Plaza (near Embarcadero), SF
When:  Sat, April 22, 11 am

The March for Science - San Francisco celebrates public discovery,
understanding, and distribution of scientific knowledge as crucial to
the freedom, success, health, and safety of life on this planet. We
are a nonpartisan group, marching in support of the following goals:
Communication, Funding, Policy, Literacy, and Diversity.

11 am - Speeches From Bay Area Members

12:30 pm - March down Market St to Civic Center Plaza

3-6 pm - Science Fair

More info:
https://marchforsciencesf.com/

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, April 26, 7-9 pm

The agenda will be set at our CC meeting on April 19.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome. To make a presentation or gain the SFGP
endorsement of events and issues, please contact our SFGP County
Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What:  People's Climate Movement Bay Area
Where:  Lake Merritt Amphitheater, Oakland
When:  Sat, April 29, 11 am - 5 pm

Join us on April 29 as we come together to resist and take action for
our families, our communities and our planet today and for generations
to come.

More info:
https://peoplesclimatebayarea.org/

*===========================*

What:  May Day
Where:  Various Locations in SF (see below)
When:  Mon, May 1, all day

May 1, also known as "May Day" or "International Workers Day," is
historically a day of global mass action and major immigrant rights
protests in the U.S.  The time has never been more relevant to return
to May Day's roots, and to launch a summer of resistance against this
dangerous right wing administration.

Organizers are planning for a Monday May 1 rally from 9 am to 10 am at
the ILWU Local 10 Hall 400 North Point, and then a march to Justin
Herman Plaza to join the 11am startup Rally for the main San Francisco
May Day march to Civic Center.

More info:
http://occupysf.net/index.php/event/trump-may-1st/