[SFGP] Greenzine: March for Climate, and May Day protests

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Apr 29 09:49:50 PDT 2017

April 29

    Please join us today at the People's Climate March in Oakland,
and at May Day protests for immigrant rights on Monday!

    We also need volunteers to help us to design new outreach
materials.  If you have ideas for flyers, please contact
cc at sfgreens.org to volunteer.  We especially need people with graphic
design experience!

*===========================*

What:  People's Climate Movement Bay Area
Where:  Lake Merritt Amphitheater, Oakland
When:  Sat, April 29, 11 am - 5 pm

Join us on April 29 as we come together to resist and take action for
our families, our communities and our planet today and for generations
to come.

Greens will join the People's Climate March around Lake Merritt;
look for Green Party flags.  Call Barry at 415-255-9494 if you're
there and can't find us.

More info:
https://peoplesclimatebayarea.org/

*===========================*

What:  May Day
Where:  Justin Herman Plaza, other locations in SF (see below)
When:  Mon, May 1, all day

The focus of our May Day protests will be on defending the rights
of immigrants!

At 8 am, meet at the ICE building at 630 Sansome St for a protest
against Trump's deportation policies.

We'll meet other groups converging on Justin Herman Plaza (Embarcadero
and Market Sts) at 11 am for a rally and march to the Civic Center.

What:  Save the Date - Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, May 24, 7-9 pm

Save the Date!  We're planning to invite outside speakers to talk
about fake Taxi companies such as Uber and Lyft, and a possible
movement towards banning them from operating in SF.