[SFGP] Greenzine: Universal Healthcare events this weekend

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Jul 28 19:39:02 PDT 2017

July 28

    We hope all Greens can get involved in the campaign for
Improved Medicare for All!  Here are a couple of events
this weekend.

*===========================*

What:  Panel Discussion - Campaigning for Medicare for All
Where:  518 Valencia St, SF (near 16th St)
When:  Saturday, July 29, 3 pm

Why is SB 562, the Healthy California Act stalled in the State
  Assembly?
What has been the SF Chronicle's coverage of SB 562?
What are our next steps to winning Medicare for All?

A panel discussion featuring:
Jim Cowan - Single Payer Now and Progressive Democrats of America
   Activist
Laksh Bhasm - Chair of SF Berniecrats Health Committee

Sponsored by Single Payer Now and the ESIFund
For more information, call 415-695-7891 or email dbechler at value.net

*===========================*

What:  Documentary Film - Now is the Time: Healthcare for Everybody
Where:	Koret Auditorium at the SF Main Library
When:  Sunday, July 30, 1-4 pm

NOW IS THE TIME: HEALTHCARE FOR EVERYBODY: A documentary film by Terry
Sterrenberg and Laurie Simons, talks about what's happening with
America's healthcare system and what you can do about it.

Jeff Gee, MD from Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP),
Barb Ryan, RN from California Nurses Association, and Don Bechler from
Single Payer Now will participate in a panel discussion immediately
following the screening.  The event is free and everyone is welcome.