[SFGP] Greenzine: events this weekend, and volunteers still needed for Pride

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Tue Jun 13 20:03:32 PDT 2017

June 13

    Thanks to all the volunteers who turned out to help us this past
Sunday at the Haight Street Fair and at Sunday Streets!  We identified
hundreds of voters who pledged to support universal "Medicare for All"
health care in California, when the fight inevitably reaches the
ballot box.

    There are several events happening this weekend, from a "Ban the
Bomb" rally in SF to our state Green Party convention in Sacramento.
We could also use your help volunteering to do more voter outreach at
Pride!  Please read on for more details on upcoming events.

*===========================*

What:  Ban the Bomb Rally
Where:  UN Plaza, Hyde - Leavenworth - Market St. (next to the UN fountain)
When:  Sat, June 17, noon - 2 pm

123 nations (not including the U.S.) have come together to demand a
treaty that BANS NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOREVER.

This historic treaty was proposed in 2016 at the United Nations in New
York City. It's being drafted NOW.  The collaborating nations will
return to NY June 15 to work out the negotiations that will lead to
agreement.  The Women's International League for Peace & Freedom
(WILPF) is leading a big march in NYC on June 17 to support the
negotiations, and cities around the world are also holding
events--like ours in S.F.

Join the nations of the world who are saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH--the
planet cannot sustain even the THREAT of nuclear attack.

Check out www.womenbanthebomb.org and http://www.icanw.org/

*===========================*

What:  Green Party of CA General Assembly
Where:  Camp Pollock, Sacramento, CA
When:  Sat-Sun, June 17-18

This month's Green Party of California General Assembly is at
beautiful Camp Pollock in nearby Sacramento and will feature a
presentation by Richmond Progressive Alliance organizers. (See full
agenda below.)

Also, because of the infusion of former Sanders organizers, the Green
Party of California has grown by over 10 counties and it is a very
exciting time to get together and plan our next steps.

If you would like to go to the General Assembly please sign up right
away so that we know who is in our contingent and can plan
transportation, lodging etc. Then email Eric Brooks
(brookse32 at igc.org) to let him know you are joining in.  (The
registration for the two day assembly is only $45.)

Sign up at:
https://cagreens.nationbuilder.com/reg_ga_jun2017

Here is the agenda:
http://cagreens.org/ga/2017-06/agenda

*===========================*

What:  Voter outreach at Pride Celebration
Where:  Civic Center, SF
When:  Sat-Sun, June 24-25

We will need volunteers for both Saturday and Sunday at the Pride
celebration in the Civic Center!

We will have new literature to educate voters about Green positions
on LGBTIQA+ rights, as well as other important priorities such as
Medicare for All and cutting the military budget.

Help staff our table, talk about the Green Party, and register new
Greens!  We will need volunteers all day on both days, including
setting up and taking down our booth.  The booth location is C-002,
which is right next to where we were last year: on Grove near Larkin,
across from the main Library.  Please email cc at sfgreens.org if you can
help!

What:  Save the Date - Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, June 28, 7-9 pm

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  To make a presentation or gain the SFGP
endorsement of events and issues, please contact our SFGP County
Council at: cc at sfgreens.org