[SFGP] Greenzine: Monthly meeting tonight, upcoming events

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Wed Jun 28 09:43:14 PDT 2017

June 28

    Thanks to all the new volunteers who turned out to help us on
Pride weekend!  Together, we identified over 500 people who plan to
help us win Improved Medicare for All, here in CA as well as
nationwide.  This is especially important since Democrats in the State
legislature quietly killed SB562, the bill that would have given us
Single Payer in CA, last Friday.  This is almost inevitably going to
come down to a fight at the ballot.

    Please join us tonight at our monthly meeting, and at several
other events over the next week:

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, June 28, 7-9 pm

Agenda:

We'll have several guest speakers this month, including two likely
local candidates!

* Bill McLaughlin from the SF chapter of Surfrider will talk about
  coastal issues, including managed retreat at Sloat Boulevard.

* Jim Gatteau will talk about exploring a run for District 10
  Supervisor next year.

* Barry Hermanson will discuss running for Congress next year.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  To make a presentation or gain the SFGP
endorsement of events and issues, please contact our SFGP County
Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What: Important Community Meeting on Raising Wages
Where: 1800 Oakdale, in the Alex Pitcher Room
When: Thurs, June 29, 6-7:30 pm

The Living Wage Coalition invites you to a Town Hall meeting:

San Francisco's elected supervisors will be voting in the near future
on a measure that will require employers to pay at least $15.86 per
hour this year, and $16.86 per hour next year to IHSS homecare
workers, non-profit workers, people who work at the airport, and
CalWORKS program participants. If passed, this measure would raise
wages for 25,000 workers in San Francisco. We need your help to
express the views of the community and to convince Supervisors Malia
Cohen and Asha Safai to vote in favor of this proposed measure. We
need their two votes to get it passed.

We will have a Town Hall meeting to which they are invited next
Thursday, June 29, from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. It will be held at 1800
Oakdale, in the Alex Pitcher Room.

If you cannot attend, you can still help by calling Malia Cohen at (415)
554-4566 (District 10) and Asha Safai at (415) 554-6975 (District 11) to
tell them to vote in favor of increasing the wage rate in the Minimum
Compensation Ordinance.

What: Voter outreach at Mime Troupe SF Opening Show
Where: 19th Street and Dolores St
When: Tues, July 4 from 1-4 pm

Help us register new Greens, find people willing to help win
Medicare for All, and gather signatures to overturn SF's new
"luxury condos everywhere" rezoning law.  We'll be at the Mime
Troupe's opening show in Dolores Park, July 4; email if you can
help out cc at sfgreens.org.