[SFGP] Greenzine: join us at Sunday Streets today

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sun Sep 10 11:05:48 PDT 2017

September 10

    Thanks to all who came out to the #DefendDACA rally on September 5!
Please join us at Sunday Streets today in the Western Addition, and
again in the Excelsior on October 1.  Details on those events are
below.

    Barry Hermanson, our candidate for Congress, wrote a nice article
on US budget priorities for the SF Bay View newspaper:
http://sfbayview.com/2017/08/u-s-budget-priorities/

    Barry is also looking for a volunteer to help with social media.
If you're interested, contact us at cc at sfgreens.org.

*===========================*

What: Voter outreach at Sunday Streets
Where: Western Addition (details TBA)
When: Sunday, Sep 10, from 11-4 pm

Greens will be walking around Sunday Streets as a group today, handing
out literature.  We'll start near Baker and Hayes this morning, then
walk the route towards Fillmore and Geary.  Our contact person will be
Barry Hermanson; call him at 415-255-9494 if you are meeting up with
us and want to know exactly where we are.

*===========================*

What: Final WILPF Peace Talk of 2017: Maxine Hong Kingston
Where: Ed Roberts Campus, 3075 Adeline Street, Berkeley (at Ashby BART)
When: Sunday, Sep 17, 3-5pm

Event is free, wheelchair accessible, refreshments served, all are welcome

The East Bay-San Francisco branches of the Women's International
League for Peace and Freedom are honored to have Maxine Hong Kingston,
celebrated author and professor of creative writing at UC Berkeley, as
the final speaker in our 2017 Peace Talks series. She will reflect on
her life and writing, on immigration, war, peace, and activism. She
will be in conversation with Kate Raphael, author and producer of
KPFA's Women's Magazine.

Kingston's first book, a memoir entitled The Woman Warrior, was
published in 1976 and won the National Book Critic's Circle Award,
making her a literary celebrity at age thirty-six. Her second book,
China Men, earned the National Book Award. Both books are still widely
taught in literature and other classes. Kingston has earned additional
awards, including the PEN West Award for Fiction for Tripmaster
Monkey, the American Academy of Arts and Letters Award in Literature,
and the National Humanities Medal, which was conferred by President
Clinton. Her most recent books are The Fifth Book of Peace and I Love
a Broad Margin to My Life. Kingston is Senior Lecturer Emerita for
Creative Writing at the University of California, Berkeley. In July
2014, she was awarded the National Medal of Arts by President Obama.

For more information contact wilpf at wilpfeastbay.org

*===========================*

What:  Save the date - Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Sep 27, 7-9 pm

The agenda will be set the week before, at our CC meeting on Sep 20.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are whelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

What: Voter outreach at Sunday Streets
Where: Excelsior (details TBA)
When: Sunday, Oct 1, from 12-4 pm

Save the date for voter outreach at Sunday Streets in the Excelsior!
Email us if you can help out cc at sfgreens.org.