[SFGP] Greenzine: upcoming meetings and events

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Sep 22 09:15:17 PDT 2017

September 22

    If you're in the South Bay, please join the Santa Clara Greens
tonight at their Meet and Greet social; our congressional candidate
Barry Hermanson will be there!

    Our own monthly meeting will be next Wednesday.  The agenda is
below; come get involved with us!  Since Senate Democrats just joined
Republicans in boosting the military budget by $80 Billion, we will be
campaigning to show the public that Greens represent the only viable
Peace party.

    And for those interesting in joining a larger Green gathering, the
olo County Green Party would like to invite you to attend a Regional
Gathering in Davis, CA (Yolo County) on Saturday, September 23rd.
See below for details.

    Finally, thanks to all who are fighting back against giving SF Police
Tasers:
http://sfbayview.com/2017/09/san-franciscans-push-back-on-tasers/

*===========================*

What: Santa Clara Greens Meet and Greet
Where: Congregational Church of Sunnyvale,
       1112 S. Bernardo Avenue, Shepherd Room
When: Fri, Sep 22, 6:30-8:30 pm

* Meet your Santa Clara County Green Party County Council and other active
  members.
* Hear from Barry Hermanson, Green Party Candidate running against Nancy Pelosi
  in San Francisco's 12th Congressional District.
* Learn what we are doing to organize, grow, and expand the Green Party in our
  county.
* Hear about our campaigns, issues and policies we fight for.
* Make your voice heard about the needs in our community.
* Share your ideas and perspective on our Party.
* Enjoy a delicious variety of nutritious, organic and vegetarian dishes

*===========================*

What: Yolo County Green Party Regional Gathering
Where: 2222 Muir Woods Place [Muir Commons], Davis CA 95616
When: Sat, Sep 23, all day

The Yolo County Green Party would like to invite you to attend a Regional
Gathering in Davis, CA (Yolo County) on Saturday, September 23rd, 2017.

At this informal gathering, we hope all Central Region Greens (and other
interested CA Greens) can come together to meet, share ideas, and work
toward rebuilding the Green Party in the Central Region.  We hope this
Gathering will facilitate a serious discussion about how to circumvent and
break through the many obstacles the current GPCA party structure places in
front of real grassroots party-building and organizing.  We would like to
explore radical, grassroots, small-d democratic alternatives that focus on
strategies for organizing and building the Green Party in its rural
context.  This will include an assessment of internal obstacles to
effective organization and an exploration of alternative structural models.

SCHEDULE

Central Regional Gathering
2222 Muir Woods Place [Muir Commons]*
Davis CA 95616
Parking at Patwin Elementary across the street: 2222 Shasta Drive
Please RSVP to yolocogp at gmail.com
Volunteers for helping feed attendees welcome!  Contact Deatra Cohen
  [artaed at gmail.com]

8:30 Registration, coffee, etc.
9:00 Welcome
9:15 Plenary
10:00 The State of the Central Region
10:30 Discussion509
11:00 Breakout Sessions Planning
11:45 Working Lunch
12:30 Breakout Sessions
2:00 Reconvene - Recap - Review
3:00 Resolutions
4:00 Closing Plenary
4:30 Adjournment
5:00 - 9:00 Social

This is an informal gathering; there are no delegates or registration
fees.  All CA Greens are welcome.  Those of you who serve on your county
councils, please share this invitation with registered Greens in your
counties.  However, if you do plan to attend, please RSVP so we can
coordinate seating, food, accommodation recommendations, etc.

*===========================*

What:  SF Green Party Monthly Meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, Sep 27, 7-9 pm

Agenda:
Guest update on "Save Midtown" campaign
Report-backs from:
  Bayview Hunters Point/Southeast San Francisco Environmental Justice
    Response Task Force.
  Regional Green Party Meeting in Sacramento
  Santa Clara Green Party Meeting
Sunday Streets on Oct 1
New anti-war Green Party cards

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are whelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

What: Voter outreach at Sunday Streets
Where: Excelsior
When: Sunday, Oct 1, from 12-4 pm

Greens will be walking around Sunday Streets as a group, handing out
literature.  Our contact person will be Barry Hermanson; call him at
415-255-9494 if you are meeting up with us, or email cc at sfgreens.org.